gm_coolprisonescape

[release][tab]Name:[/tab] gm_coolprisonescape

[tab]Version:[/tab] 1.0

[tab]Description:[/tab] A puzzle map where you escape from a prison cell

[tab]Requirements:[/tab] Half-Life 2: Episode Two

[tab]Download:[/tab] http://www.garrysmod.org/img/?t=dll&id=41257 [/release]

This is something I’ve been working on for quite a while now and I feel that it is now ready to be released.

:siren:

This map is meant to be played in Half-Life 2: Episode Two!

:siren: (You can still use it for ragdoll posing in Garry’s Mod if you want)

To start the map in Episode Two, write “map gm_coolprisonescape” in the console.

When you start out, this is what you will see:

You’ll just have to figure things out and complete the map. :slight_smile:

More pictures: (I tried to take pictures that don’t really spoil puzzles.)

One of the puzzle ideas is right out of Half-Life 2. :ssh: The rest are my ideas that probably aren’t very original either.

I think this puzzle here is the most fun:

You press those buttons to turn the labyrinth around to guide the ball to the goal, opening the door.

The puzzles shouldn’t be too hard, but if you somehow manage to get stuck, you can ask me for help. I doubt that anyone is going to get stuck. :v:

Have fun, feedback is also appreciated.

That is soo epic, download!

That ball puzzle looks awesome.

Why gm_ if the map isn’t even for Garry’s Mod? :v: Anyway, looks pretty good.

Yay, you released it! I see that you added some more pipes.

Some places looks very nice, some places looks ugly.

I just finished the map, and it was awesome. I really hope you’ll continue this, that damn cliffhanger in the end.

Hope to see more maps from you

Edit:

Well say which places you think are ugly so the maker can improve…

What’s wrong with it that it won’t play properly on Garry’s Mod?

It won’t? Well, it should. I haven’t tried it in Garry’s Mod.

Be right back, I’m testing it.

I tested it and it worked just fine. Maybe you should reinstall Gmod or something? :uhoh:

Nice ending. Perhaps you should add some “Oh my god, an antlion is coming, barricade the door!” moments. I hope you’re not sad because i didn’t kill the cop. :d:

Hmm, I’ve never really done any AI stuff and I don’t really know how that stuff works. :v:

Also, you’re supposed to kill the metrocop because it’s one of the best parts of this map, in my opinion. :frowning: The structure falls in quite a satisfying way.

Well done map, I like it.
Good for posing and machinima making, thanks.

Awesome! :dance:

Just what i needed to continue my comic :ninja:

Ballpuzzle is win.

Thanks. I came up with the idea when I was playing Warcraft 3. I remembered those little wooden things where you turn a labyrinth around by twisting some knobs on the sides of it.

I rushed to straight to Hammer because I probably would have forgotten all about the ballpuzzle idea. It took some tweaking to get it working (somewhat) properly. :v:

Thanks for the mostly positive feedback.

I have a problem with this, it looks ugly, like moss is growing everywhere. The walls should look less like they were underwater for years then suddenly drained 2 minutes before you got there.

This is great! I liked the ball puzzle the most, too.

When I first got out of my cell and found the boxes I smashed them all looking for another item to open a door. After a few minutes I found the vent in the ceiling and was :4chan: but then I went to go get some boxes to stack and was :(. Anyway, it was really fun to play and I hope to be able to smash more guards in the future :smiley:

Not too challenging, but it was fun and I felt accomplished.

I really liked this, I went smashing boxes when I thought I just had to walk to the door. Then I saw the ceiling, I was like oh fuck then restarted the map. :smiley:

Everyone seems to break those boxes. :v:

Well, I made it so you CAN get up there without those boxes if you really want to. I used the barrel and 2 computers and I got up there. :slight_smile: