gm_doomsday

Hello, I am making a new map on garrys mod.
Called GM_doomsday

It’s my own custom version of gm_atomic and gm_apocalypse (Not using either of those maps)

And Im here for suggestions on possible effects, locations and everything else.

To run it down, I have a list of stuff that will be included.
Left 4 dead 1/2 vehicle models (Will NOT require either l4d.)
Half life 2 models (Requires half life 2, but most garrysmod players will have it :P)
Possibly some CS:S models (Don’t worry, I won’t have them in the official version, but in the updated version I may include them, and this WILL require CS:S)
Requirements for official version :
Half life 2 (Most textures,models,sky’s,scripts etc
Half life 2 episode 1 (Episode 1 has more realistic aftermath particles, and some decent models to use, so it will be required)
Half life 2 Episode 2 (Same as the above, decent particle effects, models and npc nodes)

I would like possible future testers, and stuff to whatever, places or anything you can think of

Places already :
An airport
A large military base and a few scattered military sites
Quite a bit of towns (Industrial,Small,cities,farmland etc, you can request these)
Dotted buildings and gas stations (random buildings, however you may request these)
A Prison (Not super large, and it’s up to you guys if you want this in or not, because I have some other suprises for the prison area if you choose not to use it)
Radio station (Has a mini-quest that I will explain later)
Power plant (Goes along with the above mini-quest, also with another)
And whatever you guys suggest.
!MINI-QUESTS MAY NOT APPEAR IN FINAL VERSION, THESE ARE BETA IDEAS!
Mini-quests : Mini-quests are things that improve your gameplay experience, and also make the map more fun. However, please note that you need to restart the map to redo a quest. It’s not possible to fix that, sorry, so if you join a game with all the mini-quests finished, then you should request that the admins restart it or improvise.
Mini-quest number 1 :
Area’s needed :
Radio Station
Power plant
Sewers
How-to :
You can get some radios around the place to start working again and playing music (Or static on some)
First thing to do is go to the power plant, and activate the main generator, PLEASE NOTE THAT THE GENERATOR WONT WORK UNLESS YOU ACTIVATE THE BACKUP GENERATOR FROM THE UNDERGROUND SEWER ENTRANCE
Once activated, you need to find a switch in the sewers that can activate the underground electric current (Since the above ground one was destroyed, and the undeground one was a backup one)
Now, you can go to the radio station, activate the radio tower and music and static will play over the wasteland (Only on radios)

I need more idea’s for mini-quests, as thats all I’ve got.

I will add AI-Nodes for all npc’s (In lamence terms - If you spawn any NPC that can MOVE, Even striders or gunships or anything, if your out of their view, they will fly or run/walk to find you, instead of standing in one spot :slight_smile:

Any more ideas, please submit
THANKS
I will take ideas for anythig

wrong section.

http://www.facepunch.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38

No, that is also the wrong section.
There is no good section for a thread like this. There is no content to it.

Actually it does. There is a RELASE sub-thread. The mapping section is just for people that are making maps.

Mapping is the right section. This is a thread discussing mapping, isn’t it?

This is not the mapping discussion section. This is Garrysmod Discussion section. Go to mapping and put all your info there chaingun fighter.

So come back when you can make a thread with content?

Wow, those pictures… Such great architecture!

May I ask how you shall create these so called “mini quests”?