I have been working on this map quite some time now. It’s time to bring out some details and screenies.
It’s a fairly large city map with country side. It issnt actually an entire city, more like a business center with some urban alleyways etc.
Some playable highlights;
- Fairly large city
- Small village
- Bunch of roads
- Bunch of traintracks (sized for phx train wheels)
- Bus stops
- Train stations
- Clouds in the sky
- Breakable windows that respawn once in a while
- A lot more
Yes, a load of textures come from cgtextures. In my defense, i made most of the building textures seamless myself, for they were not seamless on that website at the time. Now they are ofcourse. -.- I made masks and bumpmaps myself. Also i tweaked the images their lighting, color corrected them, fixed some flaws. The roads in the city are custom made though.
Changes update 07-05-2010
- Speed signs added.
- Added helipads.
- Fixed, added and improved bumpmaps (Including added some to dev texture).
- Added alpha channel masks to the building bumpmap textures so the buildings windows cast reflections.
- Fixed the skybox fog.
- Improved road seperations.
- Boosted overal performance and optimization, allowed the draw distance to increase by 2000 units.
- Added teleporters to some building entrances that teleport you to the roof of that building.
- Added some general details
Bug: at certain speeds with certain weights train wheels fall through the train tracks. This can be fixed by using the stool Physical Properties on them, set on Ice. Anyone have an idea how this can be avoided?
I am also looking for some people that are willing to assist me to beta test this. PM me, thanks in advance.
Update March 16th, 2014:
The map has been released. Better late than never: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=239027776