gm_HexIsland is a work in progress map that creates a Settlers of Catan board in Garrysmod. Constructive criticism and feedback is appreciated.
- Valid Settlers of Catan setup, play massive games on the whole map.
- Almost entirely made with custom textures that are packed in the BSP. (EP2 is required for trees, sorry!)
- High resolution textures. (1024*1024! Twice as big as default)
- Wheat fields with detail props, walk aimlessly around without knowing where you are!
- Very large area for building! Near max size laterally, 1/2 max size vertically.
- 3d Skybox makes water appear to go very far into the distance.
- Custom water texture with very far fog distance.
- Better looking clay tile (the current one is awful).
- Pirate island in the 3d skybox as well as a pirate ship.
- Giant robber game token buried in the sand
- Actual city, town, and road game pieces.
- Variance in shape between tiles of the same type.
- Messy displacements, some are not sewn properly or overlap the edges.
- Funky lightmaps on the edges of some things.
- Weird band when swimming underwater at the edge of the map.
- No cubemaps at the moment. Deal with it.
- These are all from the earliest build of the map, some things have changed.
To install simply place the .bsp file into the garrysmod/maps folder.