gm_seastation_new_v06: You wanted undersea domes? You finally got undersea domes!

SIX years ago, Brerben teased the third Seabase map in his undersea map series.

A map that promised domes, reefs, and kelp. Along with a working, waterproof airtight submarine. People were skeptical of this, until he finally showed it off.

(**The first** (and possibly only) waterproof, enterable moving map element in the Hammer editor.)

Since then, the map was abandoned. Brerben stopped posting (then). People wondered where it was and assumed it was dead. Until today.

Gm_SeaStation has finally come out. [sp]Or had finally come out, it’s been out for a while, but I didn’t find any threads about it.[/sp]

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/700659755596592756/1A5E79A528C9B6C93131604EDBBFB33668D15274/

Things of interest:
**-Map does still work after all this time!

-Sub still is waterproof!

-Music buttons still play music! **

THIS MAP IS NEVER GOING TO RECEIVE UPDATES. THE MAP DEV HAS STOPPED WORKING ON IT.

Finally!

One thing that I forgot to mention in the OP:

Despite what the map size may imply, there is not really much to do on the map. Brerber basically ceased development after making the hammer screenshots in the original thread. The main areas do look really nice though.

Which is a shame, as in the other maps (specifically seabase) had a lot of exploration potential.

Couldn’t you, or anyone else in that matter, be able to keep working on the map?

Personally I don’t know. I suck at hammer, and would probably turn the water orange if I tried to work on it…

If anyone wanted to continue developing this, i’m sure they would have to ask brerben for permission.

Im blown away by that submarine.
Real curios how it works

No real mystery how it works, it’s just a func_water_analog (probably a few dozen of them) parented to the submarine. This is why it can only move linearly, else there would be points where no water existed and stuff would fall to the sea floor.

You can sort of see the boundary where the func_water_analog ends by the splashes of the props as they float upwards.