gm_tower_storagebuild

MY VERY FIRST MAP (kinda)

Download:

Please comment to tell me anything I could fix, make something new (cuz I got tiiiiimmmmeee)
and tell me how I did.

Planning to make a night map next

Also download my adv. dup:

Tahnks ;p !!!

P.S. : comment if you know some techniques on maps and map objects

Ehh… Ill be honest with you. It sucks.
Its pretty much 10 blocks textured badly and put together to represent a map.
Atleast it has lighting tough… Wich sucks too.
Use more time on your maps, texture better (The roof and wall shouldnt be the same texture. Never.) and do lots and lots of work to get it to look way more detailed.

Also, until you are good, you shouldn’t post your maps here. You’ll just get flamed at.
Also, go to the Mapping Section next time. If its a release, to the Release Section.

DUDE, ITS HIS FIRST TIME MAKING A MAP, at least give him some ideas, and DONT JUST LOOK AT THREADS LIKE tHIS TO LECTURE!
Sorry, but i get annoyed when people do this…

He wanted an opinion. I gave him mine.

True.

Still, dont go hard on him hence it being his first time :smiley:

Texture scale. Right clicking with material panel open will apply a material to 1 suface.

I understand its not very good. It didnt take very long to make and it was just to see everything and see if it would work so yaaaaaaaa.

He’s not going to get anywhere if people aren’t going to be hard on him even if it’s his first time.

As for the map, it’s incredibly bland and blocky. There’s really no special features that anyone will download it for. Add a 3D skybox and something special.

If You want to see my map that took me longer and more thought here it is at:

Its a bit better. I recommend you to look up some tutorials on mapping.