GMA files keep recurring (Garry's mod)

Ok, when I download a addon for Garry’s mod it creates a GMA file in the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\addons. Then after like 3 months I uninstall the addon. Though the GMA file is still there, this is the problem whenever I delete the GMA files it downloads the addons again and the GMA file is still there.I have had this FOOPing glitch for about 2 months now. Is there anyway you could help me please?

Unsubscribe from it in the workshop.

Still does it and GMA file is still there (Note if I delete them it does what I described at the top)

It shouldn’t do it if you unsubbed from it properly. Take a picture of your addons page.

I disagree with that. I have a plethora of GMA files in my addons folder that haven’t been deleted despite unsubscribing.

Delete them and they won’t come back once you’ve unsubbed.

I actually like that it doesn’t delete it automatically. Certain stuff that gets removed off of the workshop I would like to keep, and this helps me still keep the add-on, regardless of what the owner chooses to do. I really do not see a issue with just deleting it yourself though. I am pretty sure it would not delete it for you anyways.