GManage - Server Management System

[release]GManage - Server Management System
What is it?
An advanced server management system for Garry’s Mod 10.

What state is it in?
Public Beta Testing[/release]

[release]Features:

• Coding Style*
  • Uses a unique ‘plug’ system, allowing developers to simply and quickly add or enhance functionality without editing the core system

• Uses an internal system which is used like ‘hook.Call’

• Allows you to easily add gamemode hooks to the entire system, without calling hook.Add

• Player Control*
  • Features an expandable player action list, with all the basics (kick, ban) and punishments (slay, rocket)

• Fully privelage based - whatever a player can or can’t do/use/spawn, it’s determined by whether or not s/he has the privelage

• Inherits privelages based on their usergroup

• Usergroup Control*
  • Full group creation/editing/removal interface ingame, without the need for ever using a con command or editing a file

• Full control over what privelages a group has and hasn’t

• Full control over what sweps/stools/sents a player can spawn/use

• Gui*
  • Nice-looking, yet simple to use Gui

• The gui gives ways to use ALL of GManage’s functionality, thus eliminating the need for chat/console commands (other than the bind used to open the menu)

• Nearly every part of the Gui is customisable, meaning you can extend the addon

• The ‘plugs’ can be used clientside, meaning you can code your own extensions to GManage that you can use without the server needing the plugs! (As long as there is no script enforce)

• Misc*
  • Comes with built-in prop protection

• Uses a custom player ID system, so no confusion with UserID’s and none of this supposed “glitch the userid or change your name so you cant get banned” crap

• Every action that goes through GManage is logged to an appropiately named log file, so the server owner can see what the admins are up to

• Every action that goes through GManage is also sent via chat to everyone with the ‘private_chat’ privelage
    [/release]

[release]Screenshots

http://www.fortfn.co.uk/images/gmanage/player.PNG

http://www.fortfn.co.uk/images/gmanage/group.PNG

http://www.fortfn.co.uk/images/gmanage/serversettings.PNG

http://www.fortfn.co.uk/images/gmanage/serverlimits.PNG

http://www.fortfn.co.uk/images/gmanage/restrict.PNG

[/release]

[release]Privelage List
all
none
kick
ban
setgroup
punish
teleport
giveprivs
manage_players
manage_groups
manage_server
manage_limits
manage_restrict
viewmenu
private_chat
noclip
spray
creategroup
editgroup
deletegroup
changelimits
editserversettings
changemap
physgun_players
physgun_all
toolgun_players
toolgun_all
status_admin
status_superadmin

(This is meant to be an exhaustive list, but I may have missed something)
(More can be added with ease)[/release]

[release]Download
SVN: http://pcmod.googlecode.com/svn/gmanage/[/release]

Sorry for the bad screenshot quality, my dev laptop is pretty… well, crap.

Credits
Me - 99.9% of the code :smiley:
gmt2001 - A few bug fixes and stuff
ASSMod - Bits n bobs, like the swep enforcement code

!!!HOW TO SETUP!!!
To add yourself, Connect to your server and type “getplayergids” in console. Find your number. Then run the command.

For dedicated Servers

rcon gmanage_giveowership <YourGIDNumberHere>

For listen Servers

gmanage_giveowership 1

The bind for the menu is

bind key +gmanager

Feel free to post suggestions, comments etc.

AND STOP ASKING HOW TO OPEN THE DAMN MENU!

Cool. Finally a viable alternative to ULX / AssMod.

That.

And your achievements library was good too. This would be pretty good if used correctly.

Also you spelled privileges wrong.

Setting up from Scratch
The addon comes (well it will when released) with two uneditable groups, aka “Hard” groups. These are: ‘owner’, ‘restricted’. The owner has the “all” privelage, which means he automatically holds every privelage in existance. The restricted has the “none” privelage, which is the exact opposite. The default group when someone joins is restricted.

It is up to you as the server owner to create the usergroups, the first being “guest” (or whatever you want to call it) and set the default group accordingly. (All of which is as easy as clicking some buttons an typing a name.)

Edit:
Oh damn, I knew I spelt privelages wrong somewhere. Thankfully the backend names it “privs”, so it’s just a Replace All in notepad++.

Edit2:
Job done. Was quicker than I thought.

Edit3:
Stupid spelling error. I’ve done the same thing everywhere, even in my posts.

Holy shit, this is advanced! I love it!

Amazing, love it, its something new.

I haven’t managed to get swep spawn restricting to work, I can’t find the hook you use to restrict it on the wiki. Other than that, everything else seems to be working and I’m at the stage of beta testing and extra feature adding. More than likely this will involve adding more ‘plugs’, such as more player actions and more control over what players can/can’t do.

(Note, you can turn noclip on/off for individual players by giving/taking the privilage from them. (Yay I spelled it right :D))

You mean GM:PlayerLoadout?

That is beautiful!

No you still haven’t. Privilege.

Dear me, and I’m meant to be taking English GCSE o.O

I like what I’m seeing, not quite ready to give up ULX though.

I’ll keep this bookmarked though. Looking forward to seeing your revisions.

I don’t like the icons.

Are you going to change those?

Edit:

Oh, it’s the laptop doing it isn’t it.

I’m just saying this as a warning: Every single of the easy-to-use admin tools have a common flaw which can be used to hijack the control of the server.

Oh god, looks amazing.

Not trying to discourage you, but personally I don’t like the layout at all…

Awesome but the buttons are kinda terrible looking.

Might be because of his low texture settings due to his shitty laptop.

Yes, the low quality buttons are because of my laptop. But I’m replacing the icons anyway, to better ones.