GMOD 10 Crashing because of SBEP

I started using SBEP but something has started going wrong and I don’t know why… Whenever I build a ship out of more than one part, set up life support and try to take off, the life support components get caught on the planets atmosphere and then Gmod crashes from an engine overload…
however, if I spawn a single prop ship and set up life support it’s fine…
I’ve tried no-colliding everything, I’ve tried welding everything multiple times and I’ve even tried multi-parenting everything but no matter what, I can’t build a ship of my own without either being grounded or having gmod crash.
Is there any way to fix this?

thanks in advance.

bump

Why are you still using gmod 10?
We’re on 12/13 now.
Is your gmod legit?

yes my gmod is legit. I bought it on steam at least 2 years ago. I just want to know why my life support components are colliding with the atmosphere when they’re full and how to stop it.

He probably is legit, many people seem to misunderstand the whole concepts of gmod 10/11/12 because they don’t know if they should refer to them as just updates or entire different games as a whole.

I’m assuming you’ve frequently updated LS, sbep, etc through svn?
It’s probably because of a change in coding with the gmod updates.
To be honest, you should probably just wait until the september gmod update and an update from the sbep devs, since sbep is probably going to break anyway because of it.
Here’s the sbep thread in case you haven’t found it. http://forum.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1090864