Gmod 9 not showing up in steam

i downloaded Gmod and it just won’t show up im having trouble the games are bought and i need help please also i can’t find the game in the sever list :frowning: here is a picture please someone help me :slight_smile:

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/4025/notshowing.jpg

Go buy GMod 10.

Go buy GMod 10.

Guys, cut it out. Maybe he just wants to play GMod9.
To the OP:
Install CSS, Hl2DM, and HL2. Then restart steam. :cheers:

Instructions (Specialized for YOU!)

You need to buy and install:

• Counter-Strike: Source (CS 1.6 WILL NOT WORK)
  • Half-Life 2

You also need to install:

• Half-Life 2: Deathmatch (already owned)

[editline]04:36PM[/editline]

Now that I think about it, this probably belongs in Help and Support.

actually, you just need to make sure you have at least 1 source engine game installed. Hl2:Dm will do just fine. Then just CLOSE out of steam. Fully. Restart steam and tada!

That only applies to 10. 9 needs everything installed for it to work.

Aculty, when you are done installing gmod 9, something shows up and says you need Counter Strike: Source, Half-Life 2 Deathmatch, and Half-Life 2.

[editline]12:09AM[/editline]

Aculty, it says this in a box in Garry’s Mod 10 when you are about to buy it on steam and at the bottom of the box: Please note that Portal: First Slice and the bundled Half-Life 2: Deathmatch do not fulfill this requirement.

That only means the HL2:DM that comes with HL2/Source Multiplayer Pack. Buy the standalone version and it will work fine.

You didn’t read a word I said.

No, it means the HL2:DM and Portal the First Slice you get from that Nvidia offer. I’m screwed because that’s what I did :saddowns:

i remember when i wanted to get my hands on gmod 9, but it wasnt because of me being poor or any of that. i was enraged at people flaming and spamming “buy gmod 10” and not understanding the problem.

some people buy Gmod 10 and then it crashes on loading. thats what my problem was. i went straight to ten, did that for 3 months. and i used gmod 9.

if anyones readin this, and thats the case…

go to your steam list and right click properties. go to set launch options. type
-dxlevel 81

that SHOULD fix it. but i see for some (rarely) its not the case. its what fixed me. it should fix you.

[editline]07:26PM[/editline]

it says youll need 1 of those source games. the most used for addons and such are Half Life 2 and Counterstrike Source.

only 1 source game is required.

[editline]07:28PM[/editline]

also i find it very ignorant that you tried to use a DEMO as your support.

i also see you tryed to use a fail warez of hl1. AND that you didnt edit it out of the image. starting to really see reasons for your banning.

[editline]07:33PM[/editline]

see. nice one.

Dammit man stop complaining he was banned days ago.

It does just not Those games alone since those don’t get you Source sdk Base

Or maybe its a pirated version of gmod 9?

What if that’s from another steam account…?

You can’t pirate Gmod 9 because it’s free. :raise:

Yeah. It’s like stealing a game demo.