GMod blue loading bar starts, screen goes black

Hello,

I haven’t played Gmod in a while, so I updated all my SVN’s. However, when I start up Gmod, the blue loading bar goes almost to the end and the screen goes black.

I deleted and re-downloaded some addons, permanently deleted some and cleaned Gmod - even uninstalled/reinstalled. I’ve done this multiple times. I’ve determined that it is wire that causes the problem; with it in, this happens. Without it, Gmod works fine.

What’s wrong here?

This keeps getting weirder and weirder…if I Ctrl-Alt-Del once the screen goes black, exit out of the task manager, and click on Garry’s Mod again, it works fine. However, once I tried to join a game:

Text doesn’t show up AT ALL, not even when typing a message.
I have Norton AntiVirus, so it can’t be a virus…

This is quite odd. Try cleaning your GMod, And adding back each addon one at a time, and once it starts doing this again, you’ll know what’s causing the problem.

Get a new computer.

Even the combination of two addons could be the problem.

What the F*( is Gm_flatgrass doing in your F*(ing addons folder?

Not an option.

I only have the addons that are in

It’s gm_flatgrass2008, it’s a map in addon format - it works fine. The map I was playing on was gm_flatgrass_pit_v2 (Which I’ve since deleted).

These are my remaining addons (first post has been edited, too):

What kind of problem is wire causing here?

It’s probably your graphics card.
Update your drivers.

its not my graphics card. it worked perfectly fine before now, and my computers kind of old so i doubt new drivers have come out. my point is, gmod starts AND WORKS without wire, but doesn’t when it’s there.

Do other games work? Wire doesn’t do this.

Only if it’s Norton 2009. Any earlier and it’s almost guaranteed you have several trojans and a few worms for good measure.

No, I got 2009. I just re-SVN’d wire, so I’ll try that out now.

EDIT: Same problem.

well i am getting a similar problem only almost all my textures are black and not my loading screen. like when i go into a game my phys gun is black and so are some of my other textures like the whole q menu but never the map. the weird thing is when i hit f (flashlight button) it stops, and i can turn it off and its gone. i have no idea why. by the way its on my laptop not this computer

No, my problem isn’t my graphics, it’s wire. A little while ago I tried playing and it worked after i had to go to the task manager. I played Singleplayer then Multiplayer. The second time I tried i went straight to multiplayer and it didn’t work. Wire is the cause…wtf? These are my only addons!

NO this is graphical problem Ughh, are you both running Intel 945 VGA chips?

No I’m not…
Video Card:
Driver: Intel® 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family
DirectX Driver Name: ialmrnt5.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.10.4308
DirectX Driver Version: 6.14.10.4308
Driver Date: 25 Apr 2005
Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel
Monitor Refresh Rate: 75 Hz
DirectX Card: Intel® 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family

(Yes, my computer sucks, but let’s get over that for now)

And yes I’m sure it’s not a graphical problem. Gmod worked perfectly fine before now.

As soon as I updated wire, things went weird. I took wire out, no problems. I put wire in, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn’t. That weird black screen in my first post would show up, I’d have to ctrl-alt-del then re-enter Gmod, and then whether or not it all worked out would be anybody’s guess.

Does NET framework have anything to do with this? I did Windows Update before this stopped working, but I wasn’t playing before the update so I don’t know if that affected it or not.

Get a new graphics card.

Not an option.

It is important to know that Gmod works flawlessly when I don’t have the wire stuff in the addons folder, but it is screwed up when wire stuff is in the addons folder. This rules out graphics being a problem.

Is it possible to delete my local content of Gmod, delete my garrysmod folder (or garrysmod/garrysmod folder; in which case, which one?), and reinstall? Maybe it’s an issue with that.