Gmod crashes after a few minutes of playtime

I don’t even have to be doing anything and my game is completely unmodded. Just standing in a singleplayer or multiplayer game for a little more than 10 minutes causes Gmod to crash to desktop. The only thing I’m left with is a message saying “Hl2.exe has stopped working”.

I’ve tried updating my video and audio drivers, I updated DirectX, I even updated my BIOS, but none of that worked. No matter what workarounds I try the shit still keeps crashing. My graphics card doesn’t even get past 49 C either so it isn’t overheating. I’m legitimately out of ideas. I never had this problem before.

Here are my specs,

Windows 7 x64 System
nVidia GeForce 9800GTX+ of the EVGA variety
6.5GB of DDR2 RAM
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3.2Ghz CPU
ASUS M2N-SLI nForce 570 SLI MCP Mobo

The only thing that I can think of is that I got my 9800GTX+ not too long ago after my old 8800GT died, but I played Gmod on my 9800GTX+ fine for months. Then I reformatted, but with the same copy of windows, x64 to x64 so I don’t know if that has anything to do with it.

If anybody can help me, please, for the love of Bob Ross, do it.

may be that your installation somehow gone corrupt. both of gmod and windows. might be some dependencies for gmod are corrupt or it’s just a bad gmod download. have you tried the usual stuff like checking cache integrity and reinstalling gmod? if so. I think you should try reinstalling windows again. but correct me when i’m wrong

Yeah I tried reinstalling gmod, but it still crashes on me. I even tried reinstalling Steam and it still doesn’t work. Reinstalling windows is my last resort.