gmod crashing

My gmod crashes a lot. I can play on my laptop (at my moms house, an Asus gaming laptop) just fine, but over here at my dad’s on my desktop, I have a lot of trouble. I usually have to relaunch the game a few times (It freezes on the esrver list, but after a fwe restarts it works fine) and then I try to join a server. I play on a trouble in terrorist town and a jail break server that work fine, but it seems like anytime I try to join a darkRP server it crashes. I think it may have something to do with all the addons and downloads and shit i have to get, I’m not sure though. On the 1 DarkRP server I want to play on, it gets to sendign client info then crashes. Sometimes it says awesium core stopped working, sometimes it says memory loss or error, and sometimes ti’s just HL.exe has stopped working.
I think these are my specs? How do I get them:
OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name OFFICE-PC
System Manufacturer HP-Pavilion
System Model GV465AAR-ABA a6245n
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 5.13, 10/24/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = “6.0.6001.18000”
User Name Office-PC\Morgan
Time Zone Central Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.50 GB
Available Physical Memory 1.65 GB
Total Virtual Memory 7.18 GB
Available Virtual Memory 4.55 GB
Page File Space 3.79 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

If you download Speccy you can get your specs off there. It will also tell you if your computer is overheating (temperatures will be shown in red)

Make sure UAC is disabled on Windows Vista, it can cause a lot of problems. Make sure the graphics drivers are up to date, you will either get these from Nvidia or AMD’s website depending on the graphics card you have. You will also want to try verifying integrity of game cache, by right clicking Garry’s Mod in steam, going on properties, then on one of the tabs there is an option to verify integrity of game cache