Gmod custom SWEP skin issues

Hey everyone, first off I apologize if this is the wrong section. I haven’t been on facepunch in a REALLY long time, so things are still a bit fuzzy.

My question is this: I just re-installed Gmod and HL2 for the second time a few days ago, and after some tinkering around decided to get some SWEP’s to liven things up a bit. Anyway, I had remembered a long time ago, when I first got Gmod, that I was able to use CS:S weapons by downloading the original CSE pack, and it worked fine. Now, however, it doesn’t. I get that horrible giant ERROR hanging above my head, and none of the sounds work. Is there any way I could get some of those weapons back, or am I stuck downloading one SWEP after another in my quest for an awesome pack?

Speaking of which, are there any normal (read: not Sci-fi or fantasy weapons, I mean like M4’s, AK’s, etc) packs out there which will work with JUST HL2 and GMOD?

Thank you!

Most (if not all) Realistic SWEP packs require CS:S for the shell animations. You need to own and have started up CS:S at least once to use the content from the game.

There is a way to get the CS:S things with Valve’s own tools. So it’s not abusing :3

Alright, thanks for the info. I’ll try to get a hold of CSS when they’re having a sale sometime.

On another note; I know that CSS is required for the bullet shell animations/models, but is it possible at all to just not have them/remove them? I’ve seen references to shells in LUA code before, but it was just a cursory glance.

You can aquire CSS content with hldsupdatetool, although i have no idea if gmod actually mounts it then.

Alright, thanks. I’ll look into that.

Question above still remains. Any way to just turn off shell ejection?