GMod Dedicated Server Addon Limit??

I’ve been working on a gmod DS. I put every single addon I had, that I wanted for my sandbox (there’s A LOT). Now the first time I ran it it gives me these errors:

Console initialized.
ConVarRef mat_dxlevel doesn't point to an existing ConVar
Game.dll loaded for "Garry's Mod"
Initializing Steam libraries for secure Internet server
Steam_: BugslayerUtil.DLL not found
Logging into anonymous gameserver account.
Fetching Workshop Addons..
Calling GetCollectionDetails
Collection has 475 Addons
Connection to Steam servers successful.
   Public IP is [redacted].
Assigned anonymous gameserver Steam ID [A-1:1862857734(4586)].
VAC secure mode is activated.
Mounting Addon '(GDCW) Barrett M82a1' (119937872)
Downloading...
  1%
  4%
  6%
  8%
  10%
  12%
  14%
  17%
  19%
  21%
  23%
  25%
  27%
  30%
  32%
  34%
  36%
  38%
  40%
Download Failed!
Mounting Addon '(GDCW) LR-300 Pack' (155257598)
Downloading...
  2%
  5%
  8%
  11%
  14%
  17%
  20%
  23%
  26%
  30%
  33%
  35%
  38%
  40%
  43%
  46%
  48%
  51%
  54%
Download Failed!
Mounting Addon '(GDCW) M-249' (157625258)
Downloading...
  2%
  5%
  7%
  9%
  12%
  15%
  17%
  20%
  22%
  24%
  26%
  27%
  29%
  30%
  32%
  33%
  35%
  36%
Download Failed!

(I stopped it after it tried to download the first 3 addons.) It does this for every addon. Here is my startup batch file:

srcds.exe -console -game garrysmod +map gm_construct -port 27015 +maxplayers 12 +host_workshop_collection 305765879 -authkey [redacted]

I have made 3 other servers in the past (a different sandbox, jailbreak, and a TTT server), none of which had this issue. Other than the batch file, the server is unchanged from what was originally installed by SteamCMD. Is it just because of the massive amount of addons (if so, I can remove some unneeded ones), or have I done something wrong? Thanks for any help!

472 items

Too much is too much, man

Holy shit dude, is this the amount of fun I’m missing on multiplayer sandbox?

In all seriousness, the server most of the time runs into issues when YOU JAMPACK IT WITH 472 ITEMS

427 is way too much but to avoid addons failing to download do this.

1. Download the addon on your PC.
  2. Go to garrysmod/addons/ and look for something like addon_name_numbers.gma
  3. Rename the addon to ds_thosenumbers and move it to your server’s addons folder.

I have the same issue (20 addons), so it’s probably not related to the amount of addons. I think the implementation of downloading addons for servers is just complete garbage.

The reason they don’t download to the server is because for some reason the download fails if it passes 100mb for the addon. The addon amount issue will potentially fuckup his server because he will probably reach the lua limit.

All of my addons are smaller than 60 MB (compressed), it still happens. I have no idea how such an easy thing as downloading a file can be screwed up that badly.

Actually, steam workshop won’t allow downloads over 64MB.

In order to get these on the server, download them on local client by subscribing, find the .gma file e.g. (sexytimeswep_1022092.gma) and rename it to ds_1022092.gma and copy this onto the addons folder.

It’s a pretty dumb limit considering most are on fibre speeds, but I agree anything more then 100mb would be annoying.

Ehh WorkshopDL is just annoying and unreliable in my book, if you can look into using FastDL. If not do what nzkfc and I said.

I have been attempting this now although I cannot see the the maps I put in my addons folder. I feel like they need to be extracted to a .bsp and put in /maps/ before they work. Correct me if I’m wrong?

Correct, maps don’t ever got into addons, just chuck into the maps location. It’s best to leave maps to fastDL all the time, for the players sake, you can add to workshop collection but that’s going to limit what addons you can use by a bit.