Gmod dedicated server not downloading all of the addons

I made a dedicated server and made a vdf file called workshop.vdf and put it in my orangebox/garrysmod folder and put all 50 of my addons in there in the format

“1” “ID number” // name of addon
“2” “ID number” // name of addon

And it loads the first 7 fine and thee work in game but after it loads the 7th it says extracting… then just skips the rest of them and makes the server. None of the files in my workshop vdf are over 64mb so idk the problem. Any help would be great thank you.

[editline]31st October 2012[/editline]

they* not thee sorry thought I spell checked

I have the same error, but for me it extracts eight addons of 18 I have in the list.

I have the same issue, I have 63 addons but only 2 loads.
Plus I get some errors:

KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got empty keyname in file workshop
response, publishedfiledetails, 1, 0, (tags), (4),
KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got empty keyname in file workshop
response, 31, 0, (tags), (2), (tag), (4),
KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got empty keyname in file workshop
47, 0, (tags), (3), (tag), (2), (tag), (4),
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file workshop
(47), (0), (tags), (3), (tag), (2), (tag), (4),
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file workshop
(47), (0), (tags), (3), (tag), (2), (tag), (4),
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file workshop
(47), (0), (tags), (3), (tag), (2), (tag), (4),
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file workshop
(47), (0), (tags), (3), (tag), (2), (tag), (4),
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file workshop
(47), (0), (tags), (3), (tag), (2), (tag), (4),
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file workshop
(tags), (3), (tag), (3), (tag), (2), (tag), (4),
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file workshop
(tags), (3), (tag), (3), (tag), (2), (tag), (4),
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file workshop
(tags), (3), (tag), (3), (tag), (2), (tag), (4),
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file workshop
(tags), (3), (tag), (3), (tag), (2), (tag), (4),
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file workshop
(tags), (3), (tag), (3), (tag), (2), (tag), (4),
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file workshop
(tags), (3), (tag), (3), (tag), (2), (tag), (4),
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file workshop
(tags), (3), (tag), (3), (tag), (2), (tag), (4),
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file workshop
(tags), (3), (tag), (3), (tag), (2), (tag), (4),
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file workshop
(tags), (3), (tag), (3), (tag), (2), (tag), (4),
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file workshop
(tags), (3), (tag), (3), (tag), (2), (tag), (4),
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file workshop
(tags), (3), (tag), (3), (tag), (2), (tag), (4),
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file workshop
(tags), (3), (tag), (3), (tag), (2), (tag), (4),
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file workshop
(tags), (3), (tag), (3), (tag), (2), (tag), (4),
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file workshop
(tags), (3), (tag), (3), (tag), (2), (tag), (4),
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file workshop
(tags), (3), (tag), (3), (tag), (2), (tag), (4),
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file workshop
(tags), (3), (tag), (3), (tag), (2), (tag), (4),
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file workshop
(tags), (3), (tag), (3), (tag), (2), (tag), (4),
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file workshop
(tags), (3), (tag), (3), (tag), (2), (tag), (4),
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file workshop
(tags), (3), (tag), (3), (tag), (2), (tag), (4),
Mounting Addon ‘Mane 6 Ponies’ (104694154)
Mounting Addon ‘Black Rock Shooter (XenoAisam)’ (104678189)
Updating…
2%
4%

Probably your best bet for this is to do what I did:

  1. Grab all the .gma files of the addons that you want to use on your server.
  2. Extract them using either MulleDK’s GMAD Extractor, or Shadoh702’s GMAD extractor thing (My favorite, because you can point it to a folder and it pulls all of them out) found here. Or you can search around for something that works for you. Keep in mind that .gm is just the same as .gma, at least until Garry changes the format.
  3. Make sure that all the info.txt’s are renamed to addon.txt This was a problem I had, as the server didn’t download them, and I just decided to extract the addons, but found it wasn’t loading them. This is probably caused by the extractor program not naming the files to the new name. Simple fix, didn’t take me long. Just rename all the info.txt’s in each addon’s folder to addon.txt (Linux users: rename s/info.txt/addon.txt/ / inside your addons folder once you’ve got it uploaded, else, you’ll have to rename by hand or some other method)
  4. Restart your server.
    If it’s still not loading addons, well then I’ve got no clue what’s happening.

EDIT: The only real problem with this is keeping the server’s addons up-to-date with Workshop’s addons. for things using SVN (wiremod, advduplicator, spacebuild, wire-extras) I just made my start script check for updates each time I start it. For things not using SVN, the only way I can see anything happening is a python script that grabs and extracts the addons from Workshop. I guess one would need to figure out where the files are stored and what you need to get them, as well as a breakdown of the format of .gma files.