Gmod Destructible maps

Hi Guys !

I just saw a vidéo on facepunch where a player was detroying was and house with a tank
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp3WInc58KU

I was wondering if any one could send other map like this one on this thread just to know more and / or download the map cause i’ ll realy like to test this !

Thanks you

There were a couple of maps like this. However the very first destructible house map has been broken for a very very long time. Only ones that work now are this one, the temple, and the suburban maps.

Here’s the original phys_house, if you want to try it.

The rest you can find on gamebanana.

Although the author is no longer online (and hasn’t been for a while)
You can find Temple and Drydock here. Again, I’m not sure if they still work, and phys maps typically don’t do very well to begin with because they are so taxing on the engine.

Yea i saw those map on the workshop but i gess now no one is making map with those pretty good destruction , it would be good to see a big map like evocity but with only one destructible bulding , for event or something like that … I’ m keep hoping

Yeah, because it’s pretty much impossible to do that without having game-breaking lag, or the map crashing as soon as it loads. The way those phys objects were made completely avoided optimization of any kind for the sake of realistic destruction. It’s not something source was really made for, at least not like this. That’s why these maps tend to be very small in size.

Yea sure making a house like this will maybe explode the server , but what about these animation tool witch alow you to make animation unsing props ?

I’ m using this tool and in single player it alow me to do some pretty good stuff , even if its not that realistic , its still fun …

[quote=“sifly_04, post:5, topic:199011”]

Yea sure making a house like this will maybe explode the server , but what about these animation tool witch alow you to make animation unsing props ?

I’ m using this tool and in single player it alow me to do some pretty good stuff , even if its not that realistic , its still fun …

[/QUOTE]

Well, if you would like to spend a couple of hours constructing an animated house, by all means have at it. Plus, it seems to me that your trying to compare the source engine to Battlefield 3. Keep in mind how old the Source engine is and it’s limitations. Some things are just simply not possible in this game engine.

of course