Gmod Hammer not compiling!

every time i try to compile a map i get this error msg : http://prntscr.com/6wcj4q
it sas that it can’t finde the data…

these are my configs http://prntscr.com/6wd4vz
http://prntscr.com/6wd4yk

it would have been easier to copy paste the log here i can’t see the full file :confused:
but it looks like you need to save the vmf into the gmod directory to avoid that error before compiling

allright so i did what you said and now gmod is opening but the map not.
this is what it sas

** Executing…
** Command: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\bin\vbsp.exe”
** Parameters: -game “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod” “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\maps\rp_downtown_v4c_d_002.vmf”

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Dec 9 2014)
8 threads

** Executing…
** Command: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\bin\vvis.exe”
** Parameters: -game “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod” “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\maps\rp_downtown_v4c_d_002”

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Dec 9 2014)
8 threads
reading c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps\rp_downtown_v4c_d_002.bsp
Error opening c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps\rp_downtown_v4c_d_002.bsp

** Executing…
** Command: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\bin\vrad.exe”
** Parameters: -game “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod” “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\maps\rp_downtown_v4c_d_002”

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (Dec 9 2014)

Valve Radiosity Simulator     

8 threads
[Reading texlights from ‘lights.rad’]
[45 texlights parsed from ‘lights.rad’]

Loading c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps\rp_downtown_v4c_d_002.bsp
Error opening c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps\rp_downtown_v4c_d_002.bsp

** Executing…
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\maps\rp_downtown_v4c_d_002.bsp” “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\maps\rp_downtown_v4c_d_002.bsp”

** Executing…
** Command: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\hl2.exe”
** Parameters: -game “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod” -toconsole -dev -console +sv_lan 1 +map “rp_downtown_v4c_d_002” -steam

[editline]21st April 2015[/editline]

and this happens when i got the vmf on the desktop

** Executing…
** Command: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\bin\vbsp.exe”
** Parameters: -game “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod” “C:\Users\User\Desktop\rp_downtown_v4c_d_002.vmf”

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Dec 9 2014)
8 threads

** Executing…
** Command: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\bin\vvis.exe”
** Parameters: -game “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod” “C:\Users\User\Desktop\rp_downtown_v4c_d_002”

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Dec 9 2014)
8 threads
reading c:\users\user\desktop\rp_downtown_v4c_d_002.bsp
Error opening c:\users\user\desktop\rp_downtown_v4c_d_002.bsp

** Executing…
** Command: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\bin\vrad.exe”
** Parameters: -game “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod” “C:\Users\User\Desktop\rp_downtown_v4c_d_002”

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (Dec 9 2014)

Valve Radiosity Simulator     

8 threads
[Reading texlights from ‘lights.rad’]
[45 texlights parsed from ‘lights.rad’]

Loading c:\users\user\desktop\rp_downtown_v4c_d_002.bsp
Error opening c:\users\user\desktop\rp_downtown_v4c_d_002.bsp

** Executing…
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: “C:\Users\User\Desktop\rp_downtown_v4c_d_002.bsp” “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\maps\rp_downtown_v4c_d_002.bsp”

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
“Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.”

You put a space between the m and the aps in your directory.

You’re also going to repeatedly incur karmic faults by making another downtown edit.

there is no space …

[editline]21st April 2015[/editline]

so what am i gonna do now :L can’t work…

your vbsp program isn’t making the bsp file thats why vvis and vrad are giving the errors, try using sourcesdk2013 MP tools or the css hammer to map for Gmod and see if that works, it could be a problem with vbsp.exe

What’s up with this?
** Parameters: “C:\Users\User\Desktop\rp_downtown_v4c_d_002.b sp

There’s no space; the forum inserts those automatically with long, uninterrupted strings of characters.

Off topic: To help with that, post logs and such with the

[/ code] tags.

Also not sure if this is the case, but decompiling maps and then re-compiling them isn't the best thing to do, it's bound to give you errors and such. I assume you decompiled the map because of that filename "_d" is usually a sign that it's a decompiled map. Better ask the original author or recreate the map from scratch.

Seems like VBSP just immediately crashes after “8 threads” line. Try running vbsp via command line with proper arguments and see what happens.