Gmod lags when I am not looking at the ground

Hey guys. Ive noticed that my Gmod has been lagging lately on my computer. The specs are good enough to play it, and I can play it lagless and my much shittier computer. I do not have a lot of addons (under 10) and my specs seem normal. I can also play Grand Theft Auto 4 with maxed graphics with no lag. Here are my specs:

Widows 7 Ultimate (Service Pack 1)
4.0 GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS
1.0 GB GDDR3 SDRAM (YES I FUCKING KNOW, but I don’t think this is the problem)

Its a Gateway P-805u FX, about a year old now. I believe it is stock. Anyways if you can help a retard, that would be great.

Does it lag in single player or multiplayer or both? Also, are you seeing noticeable drops in fps? Turn on net_graph 3 in console to see your fps.

I have the same issue. I always get FPS drops sometimes when playing on diffrent servers. My friends don’t get it so it’s not the server. I kinda have a moster computer… Even freakin running Battlefield 3 so it should be no problem to run GMod.
Here’s the specs:
AMD Quad Core 2.6 GHz with Radeon HD Graphics
8 GB DDR3 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6520G

Uhhhhhhh

Runs Battlefield 3 on highest quality without any problems so I guess it’s pretty good?

EDIT: Failed in my last post since it’s 2.6 GHz, not 1.6 lol.

It may just be the servers your playing on or you have a clientside addon that is using a lot of game resources, horribly coded esp’s and wall hack scripts can cause this.

I would try one of the problem servers with a vanilla garrysmod and go from there.