gmod load up fail

i cannot load up gmod it starts to load but then stops and says hlx is not working windows is searchin for a solution to the problem can someone plz help me

You might need to update all of your drivers or reinstall Gmod, if they don’t work then I don’t know what to offer or say.

[quote=“Sonic Fan, post:2, topic:39496”]

You might need to update all of your drivers or reinstall Gmod, if they don’t work then I don’t know what to offer or say.[/QU i have already reinstalled gmod and do not know how to update my driver

Post the information of your drivers.

i dont know how. ill google it

Start > Right click on (My) Computer > Properties

Or Start > Run > Type in dxdiag and post the information here.

manufacturer: hewlett packard
model: compaq pressario c700 notebook pc
processor:intel® celeron® CPU 550 @ 2.00ghz 2.00ghz
memory: 1.00gb
system type:32-bit operating system

is that it or wrong

[editline]07:42PM[/editline]

i could paste all shit but theres is a crapload

[editline]07:43PM[/editline]

Time of this report: 2/26/2010, 19:40:55
Machine name:anon-PC
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Basic (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.091208-0542)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: Compaq Presario C700 Notebook PC
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel® Celeron® CPU 550 @ 2.00GHz, ~2.0GHz
Memory: 1014MB RAM
Page File: 1234MB used, 1056MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

From what I have seen around the forums the problem is most likely your graphics card ( or lack of one ). From the spec above it looks like you are using a laptop and even a desktop with those specs would struggle using windows Vista. Can you right click your desktop and go to properties and then settings and see what graphics chip you are running. And to find driver updates just go to compaq website and look there ( usualy in help & support page ).

GOOD LUCK!

i dont know how…

I already posted how.

Well there’s your damn problem, you have a damn single core and 1 gb of ram and an integrated card.

well i assumed gmod would work as counter-strike:source works fine

Gmod runs on the EP2 version of the source engine. CS:S runs on a vastly outdated version of the source engine. And that’s not counting how much of a massive resource hog gmod is anyway.

Didn`t Gmod 10 run on the orangesource(orangebox source engine) before? Anyway, upgrade your ram.