This program and its code is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License which therefore allows distribution when released, but requires mentioning my name and linking back to this thread.
Since OlivierHamel has stopped working on his GMod Lua Editor I decided to continue his work. I decided to continue it because I think it will help me with developing my future projects. I will keep you updated while developing, just like with NewAdmin, I will however not release it before it has proven to succeed on my projects. Before official release there will probably be a one week open beta, because I don’t believe in closed betas.
This is what I have so far and is an accurate snapshot of how the program will function/look.
- Syntax highlighting
- Function auto-complete and parameter information
- Checks for common errors while working (e.g. non-existing variable, weird character, forgetting a ‘then’)
- Almost completely removes the need of manually browsing folders
- Might have a built in derma editor
- Tabs to quickly look in the wiki or ask for help on Facepunch
Note that development of this will only speed up development of NewAdmin, not push its release data further into 2009.
Please let me know of your opinions.