Gmod Movie Tutorial

Right there is a link on how to make a movie in GMOD. Please use construcive criticism and all that stuff, no being an ass.

I guess that’s the barest of the basics.
But I believe that there is much more to it.

I wrote an article a while back on what kind of actors one should use when filming. Perhaps it will make this thread a tad more usefull.

Yeah, this is supposed to be the basics, kind of a “noobs tutorial”. I should make a sequel with cl_drawhud and stuff

Well:

1. I suggest NOT to use FRAPS. While it’s good in many engines, Source is one exception. Using the Source recorder you can record with better quality and it doesn’t cost $ like FRAPS does. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LST_VkTlKiE is a very good tutorial on how to use it.

2. That is very basic, I would suggest adding in more things such ragdoll posing or NPC interaction. Or complex scenes.

Overall, not a bad start.

Yeah, I know about all this stuff, but there are some people who don’t know anything about what my video was abougt because they’re new to stuff. I couldn’t understand that dudes accent, but I have some experience with source filmmaker, and last time I checked it can only record one clip then you have to exit and start again. Fraps doesn’t lag for me, ive run a nuke and recorded it and nothing happened to change the framerate (I can give you the link if you don’t believe me).

Yeah, but if you want a quality video, time = effort.

Its actually not that bad quality if you’ve got a good comp. but if not your completely right use SMM.