GMOD MySQL Error

So i’ve recently stated using GForum and Sourcebans on my servers they work great! But theres a problem, About 15 minutes after you start up the server this happens:

Sourcebans Error:

[04/14/15 10:55:22][SourceBans.lua] The server has lost connection to the database. Retrying...

GForum Error:

Query1 errored!
Query:MySQL server has gone away
Error:[Query:1DB0B760]

And those will just spam the console and both addons stop working, Is there someway to fix this?

(by the way i’m using HostGator business plan for my website and a OVH 6 core VPS for my servers if that means anything.)

Are you managing your own MySQL server? If so then check through https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/gone-away.html.

HostGator manages it, all i can do is create databases and database users

You probably haven’t allowed your database to allow external connections.

Oops I was wrong, didn’t notice you had been able to connect to it for some time.

I would suggest sending a message to HostGator, asking if they can configure it properly, and if not that, reconnect to it every time it shuts off.

It’s not 100% guaranteed to be the mysql server that’s causing problems, it seems to be an issue that happens a lot to mysqloo.

What I basically did was redo the mysql code I used so it was more resilient to these problems, it will recover automatically and try again.

How would i do that?

Redo the mysql code? I never heard about that yet. How can that be done?

https://imagicon.info/cat/6-4/1.gif

Most of the time a simple keepalive will prevent this. Just run a dummy query that does nothing every 30 seconds or so.

MySQLOO doesn’t allow persistent connections if I recall correctly… I’d recommend using TMySQL and ALWAYS use a wrapper so switching between plugins is easy.

TMySQL, by default, will return numerically indexed results, simply add: QUERY_FLAG_ASSOC to after the callback so: DATABASE:Query( “query”, function( _row ) …callback… end, QUERY_FLAG_ASSOC );

Then they’ll be indexed using the string name of the columns just like MySQLOO does.

You’ll also need to ensure your host allows persistent connections ( If they allow remote, then typically persistent is also allowed )…