everytime i try to launch garrys mod, it seems too load perfectly fine then a window pops up saying"hl2.exe has stopped working" pleeeeasee help
System Specs, Addons Installed?
yeah, i have alot of addons installed.
Remove addons, then try again.
These steps will most likely solve your problem(s)
- Delete all unnecessary maps, and add-ons
- Delete the cache folder
- Defragment your computer and perform a disk cleanup
- Verify integrity of game files
- Shut down steam delete ClientRegistry.blob, and AppUpdateStats.blob, restart steam
- With a good antivirus, spy wear, root kit scanner (Ad-Aware) update it, and scan your computer
- Update all graphics card drivers (Nvidia, ATI, Intel) this is very important ( I will not do a tutorial on this)
- Remove all Horsey porn from your computer, stop torrents when on steam
- Plug in your computer to the modem/router and not use wireless if possible
- Make sure you have the correct addons, materials, maps before you go on a server (makes things easier)
- Take a deep breath and start Garry’s Mod