GMod Server Ports Conflict with World of Warcraft

No I don’t play WoW. My wife does. So I set up a GMod server for my son and I, it was working and everything, all the ports forwarded as is described here:

But the moment I set up our router to forward those ports, she was unable to log in to WoW. As if I needed one more reason to hate that game. ANYWAY, anyone got any ideas? I took out the forwarded ports and just scrapped all that work. Any alternatives? Or is it just an “oh well”? The router is a Netgear DGN2000. Thanks.

from wow support:

World of Warcraft & Burning Crusade use TCP port numbers 1119, 3724, 6112, 6113, 6114, and 4000 to play, and UDP port 3724 for in game Voice chat. The Blizzard Downloader, which downloads patches, also uses TCP ports 3724, 6112, 6113, 6114, 4000 and the range 6881-6999.

I did see that, and I apologize if I’m being obtuse, but I don’t see how that creates a conflict of any kind.

Is it the case that once you forward some ports, you’ll then have to forward all ports that any application will need?

No because most applications either use UnP(forgot what the rest of it is), which automaticly forwards ports and unforwards ports as you need them. Also most apps use standard ports that are already open in the router.

So basically, there’s no reason WoW should be unable to authenticate when I have the router forwarding the above GMod ports?

Try to forward the ports needed for Wow, other than that. There should be no reason that it conflicts, all I could blame is the router at the moment, I personally have had trouble with Netgear hardware in the past.