Gmod stops responding on new model Macbook

I got a new model macbook with 10.6.4 OSX installed. I put CSS and Gmod on my mac. CSS works perfectly, but Gmod will stop responding when I start it. I’ve had trouble getting Gmod to work on my PC and it’s happening again with the macbook. I’m not sure what to do. Weather I need to reinstall steam, reinstall Gmod (which I’ve tried) or use some startup command.

Any ideas on what’s wrong and what to do?

Do you get any error message?
You could launch it from console as source then outputs error to the console.

Edit:

Do you have a crash log maybe?

Nope none of that, my cursor just turns into the rainbow circle and It wont advance, all I see is the man holding the phys gun. I just force quit the HL2_osx thing and I just ignore the small message.

BTW: one thing I noticed is that when I download and isntall Gmod, I get a steam icon for it instead where CSS and TF2 gets it’s normal icon. Could there be a problem relating to this?

Buy a regular computer. Just cause Garry’s mod has Mac support doesn’t mean all Mac systems support Garry’s mod. Your computer probably lacks sufficient RAM which causes the game to lockup.

I have a regular PC, but its a desktop, it would be great to play my games on the go. Plus the macbook has 2 Gb RAM and the requirements are 1GB of RAM. So I don’t see the problem there

RAM isn’t the only requirement you need to meet. If you have enough RAM but an insufficient processor and graphics card you aren’t going anywhere.

[editline]12:44PM[/editline]

Either be helpful or stop posting, seriously.

Ok so these are the Gmod requirements by Steam:
OS X version Leopard 10.5.8, Snow Leopard 10.6.3, 1GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8 or higher, or ATI X1600 or higher, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

And these are my Macbook requirements:
OSX: Snow leopard, 2.4 GHz Inter Core 2 Duo, Memory: 2GB 1067 Mhz DDR3, Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 320M

What I don’t get is that, because Gmod uses source engine games, doesn’t it use similar graphics? So if I can run CSS, TF2, HL2, and other games such as COD4 and SC2 (on low graphics). Wouldn’t my macbook be fully capable of running Gmod? My crappier Vista laptop can even run Gmod with some low graphics. I’ve tried the same launch options that I use on my laptop but they don’t work. So I still don’t think it has something to do with my macbook hardware.

Yea, if it can run those I’m not sure why it can’t run Gmod…

Exactly, so I’m thinking that it is either some weird problem with steam, or that the mac Gmod version has problems. I’ve tried reinstalling steam, reinstalling Gmod, -dxlevel 8.1 and others. But nothing is working.

arg!

Any more suggestions?

Have you tried uninstalling it and reinstalling? It may work.

multiple times, and no it didn’t work…

He means in steam clicking “delete all game content”, not moving the icon to the trash.

You should be able to play it, my Mac Mini with a 9400M can run it.

I have this exact same problem on my MacBook Pro.

Specs are:
2.66 GHz Intel Core i7, 4GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce GT 330M

Should be able to play it easily, don’t understand what the problem is. CS:S works perfectly fine on max settings, but this won’t get past the loading screen.

EDIT: Just deleted the game files, I’ll report back after reinstalling and trying again.

EDIT 2: Alright, reinstalled, waited a little while at the load screen and it finally worked, but when I went to video setting to change the screen resolution it crashed. :\

I think the rule of thumb is, when Valve releases a new Mac game, don’t play it on Mac for… about a month or a couple weeks. I mean, Gmod for mac is so glitchy and it kinda isn’t that good. TF2 was a mess at first, then it got way better. This isn’t really helping though.

Umm it still doesn’t work for me. I went to delete local game content, the app on my desktop, and my Garry’s mod folder in steamapps. Still stops responding. 2 things I am concerned about. The install process says that Gmod is only 190 MB, then when it’s downloading, it says that its ~450 MB is that really the size? And second, when I download any steam game, it shows its normal icon, but when I install Gmod, it shows up as the steam icon. Could there be download problems?

Can someone please tell me exact steps, settings, and things I should delete in my steam folder? (I’ve been told to delete my sourceint_osx.gcf before)