GMod Update 71 - Post about it here!

Has it messed anyone elses server up? My DarkRP is screwed.

Nope. All my servers are working perfectly fine.

I’m guessing most servers will need to go down to be updated, so they might not be joinable.

Unless it’s your server. :biggrin:

I’ve had all the updates ran, and I can connect…

Take DarkRP for example, once connected, press F4 for menu… THAT’S pretty messed.

Was working fine approx. 2 mins before the “Steam has finished downloading Garry’s Mod” message :confused:

Everything worked fine.

“Steam has finished downloading Garry’s Mod”

Now I have missing textures when I join servers.

Damn.

I seem to have my problem fixed. Was some vehicle I added.

On a serious note:

ERROR: GAMEMODE:'OnSpawnMenuOpen' Failed: sandbox\gamemode\spawnmenu/spawnmenu.lua:66: attempt to call field 'SpawnMenuOpen' (a nil value)
base\gamemode\cl_deathnotice.lua:94: attempt to call field 'IncBaddies' (a nil value)
ERROR: GAMEMODE:'OnSpawnMenuOpen' Failed: sandbox\gamemode\spawnmenu/spawnmenu.lua:66: attempt to call field 'SpawnMenuOpen' (a nil value)
:1: attempt to call field 'SpawnedNPC' (a nil value)
base\gamemode\cl_deathnotice.lua:94: attempt to call field 'IncBaddies' (a nil value)

I suspect it’s achivements addon conflicting with the new gmod update stuff.
Clientside lua errors caused by update.

Yeah, I’m guessing its one of your addons that’s now unavailable.

Achievement Earned: Bad Coding

You can get all Lua based achievement this way:

] lua_run_cl while( true ) do achievements.SpawnMenuOpen( ) end
Infinite Loop Detected!
Overv earned the achievement Menu User

Here’s all of them:

] lua_run_cl PrintTable( achievements )
SpawnedProp	=	function: 02A2B7E0
Remover	=	function: 02A2B240
Count	=	function: 02A26320
IncBystander	=	function: 02A2BB40
GetDesc	=	function: 02A25CD8
GetGoal	=	function: 02A25DF8
GetName	=	function: 02A261E8
SpawnMenuOpen	=	function: 02A2B480
IncBaddies	=	function: 02A2BD80
IncGoodies	=	function: 02A2BC60
GetCount	=	function: 02A25D38
IsAchieved	=	function: 02A2BEA0
SpawnedNPC	=	function: 02A2B6C0
BalloonPopped	=	function: 02A2B360
SpawnedRagdoll	=	function: 02A2B5A0
EatBall	=	function: 02A2BA20

This works, because all the Lua files do is this:

[lua]activator:SendLua( “achievements.EatBall()” );[/lua]

Or you can use the IAchievementMgr interface.

Um ok well the update didnt do much,besides when is garry going to fix the exploits out there,the current update that valve released did not fix the exploits.

is it the 3rd party achivement addon. If so i need to delete it. THIS SPAM SUx

But my way is more innovative.

is there a way to degrade garrys mod??.. because i’m fed up of the thrusters not working on any model for advanced dupe i download off gmod.org— and just saying to redo the thrusters doesn’t work because i don’t know where they were placed to start with or where they go or how they were wired :confused: