Gmod update no player names - ttt

So this last update totally messed up not everyone’s but a few people’s GMOD/TTT including mine.

I cannot see player names whether im spectator (except at top) or innocent or traitor. Any idea for a fix?

Nothing you did. Our TTT server has the same issue. Also can’t inspect bodies either.

DAMNIT i think most the people on our server haven’t left so they haven’t updated yet. So I’m guessing maybe the server needs updated now?

It’ll do squat. Our server was updated and it only occurred AFTER.

I don’t think it’s a problem on the server. cl_targetid.lua is a client-side script. I know the script is somewhat working as I can see the text “Unidentified Body” when I look at a dead body that has not been ID’d. I don’t understand why this is not working though, there is not even an error.

http://www.zombiemaster.org/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=2dbce8d5698f6e63b471806c74e6d23a&topic=9124.2960

What I don’t get is how the hell anything in the changelog could possibly break Triple T.

I got a your client’s dll differs from the server but it still let me join. (un-updated server)

We’ll just have to wait for a patch from Garry/Azu to fix the client-side problems. I don’t think anything can be done for now.

Bad King Urgrain said:

Garry just made it so there’s absolutely no player to player interaction, both clientside and serverside, whatsoever.

Fucking shit.

[editline]10:12PM[/editline]

This also happens in sandbox.

Whatever, I’m sure they’ll have it fixed soon enough.

And since we’re at it, he also broke the hostport for Dedicated servers. We’re forced to use 27016 now. fff

How the flying dicks can an update of such smallness break something like that? :ohdear:

Apparently, it didn’t. Other people have had no problem.

According to Azu, the problem with predictions and names is related to the SetHull fix.

Why people don’t test the beta I will never know.

Same problem is happening with sandbox servers. Hopefully it’ll get fixed asap

A nice, easy, quick thing to do would have been to just undo the update, save some complaining. Then fix it, and test it, theen release it. :smiley: