GMod verbose error reporting?

I’m having an issue with the DarkRP server that I’m hosting wherein none of the classes show up, but there are no script errors spat out into console at all. Is there a way to enable a verbose or “debug” mode for the server?

If that’s not possible, how can I find what’s causing my error? I know it’s coming from /addons/darkrpmodification because when I remove that folder, everything starts working again.

The darkrpmodification addon will not cause any errors and will not affect anything unless you have made changes to the default files.

Any jobs you are changing must be changed in darkrp_customthings/jobs.lua. Make sure you are following the structure of jobs. The darkrp wiki appears to be down or I would link you to it. In the mean time use this or look at the darkrp default jobs (DO NOT CHANGE THAT FILE!) https://github.com/FPtje/DarkRP/blob/master/gamemode/config/jobrelated.lua

TEAM_CITIZEN = DarkRP.createJob("Citizen", {
	color = Color(20, 150, 20, 255),
	model = {
		"models/player/Group01/Female_01.mdl",
		"models/player/Group01/Female_02.mdl",
		"models/player/Group01/Female_03.mdl",
		"models/player/Group01/Female_04.mdl",
		"models/player/Group01/Female_06.mdl",
		"models/player/group01/male_01.mdl",
		"models/player/Group01/Male_02.mdl",
		"models/player/Group01/male_03.mdl",
		"models/player/Group01/Male_04.mdl",
		"models/player/Group01/Male_05.mdl",
		"models/player/Group01/Male_06.mdl",
		"models/player/Group01/Male_07.mdl",
		"models/player/Group01/Male_08.mdl",
		"models/player/Group01/Male_09.mdl"
	},
	description = [[The Citizen is the most basic level of society you can hold besides being a hobo. You have no specific role in city life.]],
	weapons = {},
	command = "citizen",
	max = 0,
	salary = GAMEMODE.Config.normalsalary,
	admin = 0,
	vote = false,
	hasLicense = false,
	candemote = false
})

The thing is, I’ve been doing that. The first thing I did when I started getting errors was to reinstall the DarkRP gamemode, but that didn’t fix it. I understand how to create jobs as well, which is why I’m confused by this error. Before, when I’ve misconfigured jobs, I’ve gotten the same issue with no teams showing up – the difference is that I’m getting the same error this time, but with nothing being spat out into console. No “expected then after if on line 29” or “expecting ‘)’ on line 50.”

Everything just stopped working, and with nothing to clue me in as to why. I know it’s something in addons/darkrpmodification, because I moved that file out of the addons directory, and everything started working again.

(Sorry for the double post)

I’ve figured it out – none of my jobs in jobs.lua are mounting. At all. Here, for example, is my citizen class (which is disabled in disabled_defaults.lua, and replaced here):

TEAM_CITIZEN = DarkRP.createJob("Citizen", {
	color = Color(20, 150, 20, 255),
	model = {
		"models/player/Group01/Female_01.mdl",
		"models/player/Group01/Female_02.mdl",
		"models/player/Group01/Female_03.mdl",
		"models/player/Group01/Female_04.mdl",
		"models/player/Group01/Female_06.mdl",
		"models/player/group01/male_01.mdl",
		"models/player/Group01/Male_02.mdl",
		"models/player/Group01/male_03.mdl",
		"models/player/Group01/Male_04.mdl",
		"models/player/Group01/Male_05.mdl",
		"models/player/Group01/Male_06.mdl",
		"models/player/Group01/Male_07.mdl",
		"models/player/Group01/Male_08.mdl",
		"models/player/Group01/Male_09.mdl"
	},
	description = [[The Citizen is the most basic level of society you can hold besides being a hobo. You have no specific role in city life.]],
	weapons = {"weapon_gphone", "weapon_fists"},
	command = "citizen",
	max = 0,
	salary = GAMEMODE.Config.normalsalary,
	admin = 0,
	vote = false,
	hasLicense = false,
	candemote = false
})

However, this job doesn’t show up in the F4 menu.

(quick edit) It appears disabling citizen in disabled_defaults.lua disables the citizen class entirely. However, re-enabling it only enables the default citizen class, not the modified version which I’d like to use.

Are you sure that there are no script errors?

I’m not sure how experienced with SrcDS you are, but serverside script errors won’t show up in your console, only the server’s console. So if you aren’t looking at the server’s console you’re probably missing something.