GMod - What are you working on? February 2015 (#42)

Couldn't include file 'libraries\simplerr.lua' (File not found)(@gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/cl_init.lua (line 30))

(User was banned for this post ("reaction video" - Orkel))

What song is that?

[editline]1st February 2015[/editline]

im sorry

-<snip>-

How did you change the players head size?

wiremod triggers!

you can change size and offsets of rectangular triggers parented to a receiver. the wire outputs come from the receiver. currently it only gives out the number of entities inside it and an array of entities inside it.
you can also have the triggers detect all entities, players only, or props only.
sadly i have no idea how to rotate the triggers as well, so you’re only left with a box limited to 90 degree angles.

on a side note, i also added quite a few DForm function documentation to the wiki, since i was sick of looking through the code for all the derma panels.

https://github.com/FPtje/DarkRP/tree/master/gamemode/libraries
It’s there though

Ah, I forgot to send it to the client

Starting a new gamemode. Combine Forces (Title not final)

Been lua coding for a while, been getting better and so I decided
to work on a new gamemode for the next month or two. :slight_smile:

(Leave a like…(If you wish))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZZMLz-nK6o

you might want to make the hud a bit more… “Appealing”

Just started on it today. I don’t want to focus on a new hud just yet.

Should watch in HD.

Progress as usual :stuck_out_tongue:

driving so fast you skid the atmosphere

Working on a computer in gmod :smiley:

Will have ability to play music, internet browser and paint.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7290193/Screenshots/Garrysmod/CAC/DarkRPsimplerr.png

Thanks FPtje! :suicide:

The real error is:

[ERROR] gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/libraries/simplerr.lua:380: bad argument #1 to 'CompileString' (string expected, got nil)
  1. CompileString - [C]:-1
   2. inc - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/libraries/simplerr.lua:380
    3. doInclude - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/libraries/modificationloader.lua:32
     4. unknown - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/libraries/modificationloader.lua:43
      5. include - [C]:-1
       6. unknown - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/cl_init.lua:34

Did you test it with sv_allowcslua 0? file.Read doesn’t support reading lua files sent by the server.

Thanks for telling me that, I could have NEVER figured it out on my own. Fucking allowcslua breaking genuine scripts. I was wondering why file.Read returned nil RIGHT after a file.Exists check. Oh well it explains why I couldn’t reproduce the bug.

“I have a problem with this default gmod function”
"> oh have you tried changing the value of this arbitrary convar that happens to have far reaching side effects? "
“Oh I should have thought of that”

I hope I can pcall include, otherwise I’m fucked.

What kind of shit security is this anyway?

It’s just because transferred Lua files don’t exist on the disk decompressed. Can you not use CompileFile?

CompileFile doesn’t have an option to return the error rather than immediately throwing it.

First time to make in the highlights! =D

Right, here’s the problem:

• CompileFile prints the error, but doesn’t break the stack. pcall doesn’t catch it and there is no parameter to return the value instead of printing it.
  • Same with include, I cannot pcall it.
  • CompileString DOES have this value, but I can’t get the Lua with file.Read on dedicated servers when the clientside files are sent by the server because Listen server and Dedicated server behaviour is just supposed to be different for *ease of development *reasons.

I’ve reverted the commit because I’m out of ideas.

Is there a solution or is there truly no way to get syntax errors from a Lua file on dedicated servers?