GMod - What are you working on? January 2015 (#41)

A new style ZS GM built off the ZS engine.

Hud inspired by Alien:Isolation

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/31856301196444354/249848825475D09610C7316DF9F15986DBE1739B/

yea um no

I said I recorded it where it fills in different directions, but then I made it even cooler… so I guess you can just imagine what it would look like if the opening gap were somewhere else (left, right, bottom, or abstract). I recommend waiting for and watching it in HD, to see more detail in the circle.
I ALSO previewed a little bit of my SWEP Base in ALPHA stage.

While the radar effect does look nice, it is quite eye-annoying when it creates itself every 2 seconds in the middle bottom of your screen. I think you need to find a way to reposition it a bit, plus giving it like a constant solid background, otherwise it will distract the player too much.

It only creates itself again and again for testing purposes. It’s just an auto-run file right now. In the end, it will create itself when it’s told to activate. It will demolish itself when it’s told to deactivate. For as long as it’s doing its radar functions, it will be fully formed.

https://github.com/Nayruden/Ulysses/pull/385

fixed ulx after years

Now I do agree that I should change the location of this radar… well in the end its really just gonna be a motion tracker, but I have no idea where to put it… bottom left aint that original.

The attitude with which you made the PR causes people to be in the defensive position. This diminishes your chances of getting it through.

In other words you went at it terribly.

Yes I know and that was kinda the point

[editline]6th January 2015[/editline]

We are maybe making a serious pr, seeing that ulx is used everywhere, depends on the actual gains tho

people could just stop using it, that’d be great.

And so Matt visited the servers running ULX, bringing the word about the fact that there are other admin mods. He was shunned at first, but no one knows what the future entails.

Ulysses, monday night at BBC 1.

Let’s all use FAdmin instead!

[editline]6th January 2015[/editline]

Or maybe assmod or ‘serverguard’?

Then there’s also the fact that the reason he wants it removed is just plain wrong

Functionality > Originality. Trust me, it’s better to have something placed in the right spot instead of being overly-creative with something.

I can’t tell you how many times Ulib has caused errors because of a conflict with a addon. Changing to a different admin system tommorow.

It’s okay, Evolve, I still love you

The ironic thing is, I’ve ran ulx in the past without the hook system. Deleting it worked fine.

Here it is,
https://github.com/Nayruden/Ulysses/pull/386

So position will be corrected, but I do wonder. This is gonna be a motion tracker like in Halo, but do any of you think I should have it detect non-sentient entities too? Like props, unoccupied vehicles, etc, in a different color? Maybe Red for enemies, yellow for allies, blue for props, cyan for vehicles, maybe purple for other? Please don’t just tell me it’s my choice, cus I wanna do something more satisfying for the community.

Because being respectful to people is too much to ask, much less the developers of the most popular administration addon in Gmod. Thats Workshop levels of rudeness