Gmod with vista 64-bit/8800gt/quad core 2.4Ghz cpu/6801sli mobo-AND GMOD LAGS WOW!!!!

Ok i just built a new computer with ista 64-bit/8800gt/quad core 2.4Ghz cpu/6801sli mobo/4gb ram.

And when i play gmod with all my settings up it sorta laggs fps wize i get 50-40-30 fps in game when i get like 200 in css and my other games i dont understand i never had this slight lag on xp.
I had a laptop before this computer that i built and it was nice and it had vista and it slightly lagged on there also.
But the funny thing is even when i turn all the settings to all low it still gets the same fps.
I have tried everything from graphics drivers to running the game as administrator and in compatibility mode non of that works at all.
I think it is vista but you never know plz some one let me know if they have the same problem plz or anything similar.

It should run fine.
Try to reinstall maybe?

wait… you’re worried about 30-50 fps?
What. The. Fuck.

AA must be high up.

I have 15-20 fps lol, you shouldn’t really complain :D.

This is not just a isolated event, this problem is happening to MANY people and has not just happened before, basically the “fix” is going to your Windows Manager and killing a process that should look like "nSvcAppFlt.exe’ and that will fix SOME of the lag, next you need, when opening the game, to “Stop Refresh” on the multiplayer tab.

However my problem is the game locking up at the Loading screen.

Welcome to da club.

Seriously though, GMod is so demanding for some reason. I get 50+ fps, but since my old PC was at 10, I’m very happy.

i did that already maby i need to get a 9800gx2 idk this is fucking redickulass i practically built this computer on the soul purpose of being able to play gmod with no lagg and it still isn’t working right do i need to go get a Microsoft supercomputer that cost 10million dollars i mean wat the fuck is wrong this game isn’t even have as good as graphics as crysis and i get better fps on crysis on high settings than i do gmod that is just craziness.

PLZ SOME ONE COME UP WITH A SOLUTION TO THIS DAMN PROBLEM IT HAS BEEN LONG ENOUGH IM SO TIRED OF THE LAGG AND I CANT AFFORD TO GO OUT AND SPEND 500$ ON A 9800GX2 TRUST ME IF I COULD I WOULD!!!

30-50 fps is not something to complain about, seriously, GMod is a bitch on resources. Deal with it.

Solution: Set everything to Low and Get XP.

I get around 200-300 fps in Gmod. My PC has a Q6600 at 2.4Ghz, 8600 and 3 gigs of ram with windows vista 32 bit. I don’t see why yours is lagging.

Lower your settings.

You wouldn’t be able to see any difference above 40 fps anyway. Why worry about 30? most of the people here are running in less than 30.

Wrong, the human eye notices 30-40 fps as a moving picture sequence rather than a dia-clipshow.
But this does not mean that you don’t notice a difference between 40 and 100 or more fps - There is a difference.

My suggestion to the issue: Reinstall GMod. Some addons can use much resources on the clientside which generally results into lower fps.
And alter your graphic settings too.
And make sure, background tasks are all off.
For more information, look at this Wiki article

Have you installed the water Fix?

It makes computers stop shiting themselves.

Why would you purposely get Vista?

Edit:

/thread

There is no reason it should be lagging that much. I have a weaker computer and I can get 30-50 fps. It has an oldish Intel Xeon processor, a 7900gs, 3 gb of RAM, and for sure a much worse motherboard. I have the game maxed with full AA and AF. That computer is way better than mine. It should be able to run the game much better.

Why the hell does mine run so freakishly well? I have a 9800-GTX and 3.4 Gigs of RAM. It makes no sense. You have better stuff than me (except for the Graphics card) and I’m getting 220 - 290 FPS. 0.o I’m confused. :wooow:

LOL your lucky man, i run at about 15 fps lol

Your running Vista. Upgrade to XP and you should see a big performance boost in not only Gmod, but everything else.

ZS will rape your pc.