Gmod wont loadup

I have installed and played Garry’s mod before. Anyways, when i start Garry’s mod and i have no idea whats wrong. It loads up like normal but them in the bottom right corner it says LOADING… then after awhile of attempting to load it brings me to my desktop and says HL2.exe has stopped working…:(I have tried alot. I know it can run gmod. I verified the cache. I have CSS and TF2 installed if that helps. I turned down the graphics on my laptop. I even uninstalled and reinstalled. Can someone please help me!

BUMP AS FOR I WOULD LIKE TO PLAY GMOD SOMETIME SOON IF THERE IS AN ANSWER FOR THIS… Please help thanks

Have you installed any mods/addons etc, recently? I had a similar problem with crashing whenever I tried to join servers when I used to be able to join perfectly.

No, I have a whole backstory but ill skip to end. Since my laptop was snapped in half and my grandmas system 32 file was missing i am using this one. I know its capable of running gmod. It just wont though. I start on the loading screen with it saying loading in the bottom right corner… and then it exits game syaing HL2.exe ha stopped working.

Post system Specs please

System Information

Time of this report: 8/9/2012, 14:03:20
Machine name: KAITLYN-PC
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.120402-0336)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
System Model: Satellite A205
BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBL
Processor: Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU T2370 @ 1.73GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.7GHz
Memory: 1014MB RAM
Page File: 1284MB used, 1005MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

I believe this is it. Lol. Ya anyways specs of my little sisters computer im using, since mine was broken in half.

BUMP

As your problem is related to a crash, there is additional steps needed to figure out the exact problem. First of all, we need to check if a crashdump is generated during the crash. Here is a short howto:

Just leave the window open for now. The next step is only required if you crash during the startup, but it doesn’t hurt if you attach it for other crash related issues.

Last step! You almost did it! Now we need to find out what system you are running on. We will use SIW for that, as it generates the most reliable and detailed reports. The instruction is for Windows.

Great! We got all the information! Now we deliver them to Garry Newman (the creator of Garry’s Mod, if you didn’t know that by now…) - he is always happy to receive crashlogs! (Ok, not really, but he will try to solve the problem if it’s on his side)
Open up your favorite mail client or webclient such as google mail. Now, attach all the files to a new E-Mail. (Should be four at least: Crashdump, Timestamped.log, Console.log and your system specs)
For the suspect I recommend using “Full Crashlog” and some text, so Garry can easily search for those crashlogs. Now, write a small message to him (duh) and then send the mail to garrynewman@gmail.com
Of course there is no warranty that he will help you, but at least you tried! Good luck.

[SUB]Any instructions/help is provided without any warranty.[/SUB]

I really appreciate all of this. I just sent all the info you told me to collect to Garry’s email. Hopefully he can help me.

Does your problem exist in Garry’s Mod 13? (Beta)

I’m not sure. I loaded it up last and just had a blue screen so ya.

A blue game screen or a bluescreen (windows)?

Idk. Just blue on the laptop screen. hahah. Just a solid blue. Not blue gmod screen or blue screen of death… ahah

Update error…