Gmod won't start!!

I know there has been a lot of threads like this on this forum, but every solution people post onto them doesn’t work for me. Basically, I bought GMOD and TF2 in a bundle, and waited hours for them to install. Whenever I click play for either one of them, they will go to the loading screen, but after they load they will just go to a black screen. I have to start the task manager to close them (it says they’re not responding) When i do another small window pops up saying the game wasn’t responded and gives me two option: check for a solution and close the program, or just close the program.

What I’ve done to try and fix this:

Re-installed them both.

Updated video card.

I did some Windows update where I had to restart my computer (it said I had to do this when i clicked ‘check for a solution’ Now when i check for a solution, windows doesn’t find any).

Defragmented the cache files on both.

Verified integrity of cache files on both.

Set launch options to ‘-dxlevel8’ ‘-dxlevel70’ and ‘dxlevel80’

Specs:

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium (6.0, Built 6002)

System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA

System Model: Satellite L305

BIOS: InsydeH20 Version 1.20

Processor: Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU T3200 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz

I hope that help…

Please help soon!

Try waiting a few minutes, source games can take a few minutes to load.

i waited for about 6 minutes. nothing happened.

i’ve also gone and made sure they are both allowed through the firewall.

This sounds kind of rude and desperate, but can someone please help soon? i spent my money and waited hours to play this game, and I would really like to actually play it.

You should copy your steamapps files and put them somewhere else. E.g. Desktop then delete the games via Steam and uninstall Steam. Install Steam again and then copy the backup of steamapps you made back to the steam folder and then try.

I would like to say that what you suggested worked, but I’m not sure it did. Whenever i click the icon for Gmod, Steam, or TF2, the cursor does the little spinning circle thing to let you know it’s loading, but then it doesnt do anything, and the windows dont open up…