A powerful and feature-packed Workshop publisher for Garry’s Mod is finally here!
For some reason, I put a month of my life into this program. I hope you guys enjoy it
Are you a developer? You may also like my VSCode GLua Enhanced extension!
- Doesn’t depend on gmad.exe or gmpublish.exe
- Publish & update your Workshop items
- Extract, search and browse GMA files and installed addons
- Bulk download & extract Workshop items and collections
- Upload animated GIFs as your Workshop item’s icon
- Analyze which addons are taking up the most disk space using the addon size analyzer treemap
- Supports legacy SteamPipe addons and old GMA versions
- Works without an Internet connection
- (Coming soon) .GMA file type association for quick extraction
- (Coming soon) CLI interface
- (Coming soon) Manage Steam Workshop subscriptions
- (Coming soon) resource.AddWorkshop generator
The program should work out-of-the-box.
- The program makes heavy use of multithreading, and will work best on processors with a decent amount of cores.
- Made using Rust (backend) and Svelte (frontend)
- This is not an Electron app; this is a Tauri app. Big thanks to all the contributors to Tauri for their amazing work on finally killing Electron for good.
- gmpublisher uses the fantastic steamworks-rs library for interfacing with the Steamworks SDK
- The program is only about ~10 MB (which is probably just a lot of panic unwinding traces!)