GMSurf - Counter-Strike Surf brought to Garry's Mod

GMSurf
Gamemode created by GBPS
There is another thread on this forum about GMSurf but it wasn’t posted by me and I cannot make constant nice updates to the thread, this way is a lot easier and that thread is very much dead.
Anyways, if you’re wondering what GMSurf is - it’s the surf from Counter-Strike: Source replicated into Garry’s Mod.
What GMSurf does is uses surf maps from CSS, any surf maps, and then takes all the weapons in the map and replaces them with the real weapons from CSS, making it a very real-surfing experience.
Surfing works just as CSS does, and isn’t just some person trying to make a cheap anoying knock off that doesn’t even work. There will be a LOAD of other features coming along, but now we have a nice
looking game that works very well, very fun. It also has a speedometer and jukebox so you can see how fast you’re going and listen to music at the same time!

Why not just play this in CS:S?
The reason for “why not play this in CSS” is because we can add a load of things to it, and we will be.
For example, achievements, leaderboard, a money system with trails and hats and etc. and just more fun things to make the gamemode loads more fun! This gamemode is going to be worked on very hard and going to be changed in many ways.

Media
Picture of the HUD:

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4795/surfhud.png

Sorry for large picture
Video of surfing:

Sorry for low quality
Player talking was my friend on skype, playing with me in-game.

Join
The server ip is located at 69.162.67.23:27015
Game-Monitor:
http://module.game-monitor.com/69.162.67.23:27015/image/default/default.png
Join and have fun!

Surf is indeed fun.
Add Top10, Rankings, Achievments and it will be more fun and awesome cuz just surfing all time would be boring, would be more fun to achiev and compete.

There will be more features to the script and achievements aswell, This was just launched couple days ago >_>

Looks nice!

Its only fall and target. or you need to walk?
Anyway, great gamemode.

I’ve tried surfing CSS maps in garrysmod and it diddnt work, what settings are you using?

Surf in gmod is pointless

It looks nice but…you don’t need a gamemode to play Surf.

It would be to have leaderboards based on time to complete the map and other features like that.

At first I thought - why not just use CS:S? But now I agree with ChewGum

The reason for “why not play this in CSS” is because we can add a load of things to it, and we will be.
For example, achievements, leaderboard, a money system with trails and hats and etc. and just more fun things to make the gamemode loads more fun! This gamemode is going to be worked on very hard and going to be changed in many ways.

I was actually going to make some badass Eventscripts to do that. Never mind now.

Why surf legends? RR for the win.

:smiley:

Sweet, surf.

sweet, i love surf.

but i suck D:

Nowhere in this does it state that I made this. Nowhere :v:

[editline]09:27PM[/editline]

Developers need their creditz