GodStick - Models & Sounds

Hi, I saw this on a server recently and thought it would be a great idea as a release

Basically it’s the crowbar ingame that only admins can spawn and use; left click to freeze the player for 5 seconds and play the Team Fortress 2 warning sound (announcer_warning), or if you right click then it kicks the player and then plays the Team Fortress 2 sound (announcer_you_failed)

I’ve used the SWEP template from Garry’s example - http://wiki.garrysmod.com/?title=Garry’s_Example_SWEP

I’m going to need a lot of help but I’m hoping my lua friend will be able to do a little and I just work the rest out somehow

At the moment I’m just wondering with the SWEP.ViewModel and SWEP.WorldModel if I could just stick in two models that aren’t actually in my GMod folder but are in the HL2 folder so they would be:
SWEP.ViewModel = “models/weapons/v_crowbar.mdl”
SWEP.WorldModel = “models/weapons/w_crowbar.mdl”

And secondly for the sounds I want to be played from the TF2 folder instead of my GMod folder, or should I just copy both the sounds and models and put them in their own new folders with my addon?

Please help me with this, so I can help others to manage their server in a cooler way :slight_smile:

(PS = Incase you didn’t realise this is going to be a Garry’sMod addon)

Put them in a folder within the addon, not everyone have tf2.

What, the sounds, models or both?

Does that also mean I could create a custom sound and put it in the addon, or if people on my server didnt have the addon then could they not hear it
And is there a way I could force them to download the sound, like put it in the servers sound folder?

Well, depends do you want them to hear anything or to see errors. And here’s a solution for forcing some download.