Alright so my server has been steadily declining in the past few weeks and despite numerous efforts to get things back on track, we can’t seem to get it back to a steady population. We’ve done a couple of brainstorms on what we can do to help start it back and I’ve come to the conclusion that going modded would be a way to get more peeps on the server.
The main reason is the fact that A LOT of the new players just come on, do /kit /help /players and then just log off when they see none of that works. I’m thinking having mods would help keep the new players in without bothering our small existing player base.
So I read a bit on the different modding platforms out there and I can’t seem to find definitive answers on any of my questions, so here goes:
- Can you install more than one modding platform? I’m hesitating between Oxide and Magma right now… Can you use both? Is that a bad idea?
- If I have to choose, which of Magma and Oxide is better and why?
- Other than Oxide and Magma, what else should I consider?
The main things I would like to implement on the server are:
- Remove tool of some kind. If at all possible, something that only allows you to destroy your own stuff for a short period of time after creating it. I want a “oh crap” tool, not something players will abuse to remodel their base.
- A first time login welcome kit would be nice
- A /kit command, ideally one where you can choose between different kits (PVE vs PVP for instance). It needs to have a timer to prevent peeps from spamming it…
- Door sharing would be nice
- Anti-cheat would be nice
- Logging would be really nice… C4/nade use, kills/deaths/suicides/chat with date/time. I do not want these to announce on global chat though.
- Admin tools, is there some kind of improved admin spectator mod out there? If I could monitor fishy players without being seen/heard that would be really nice.
I’m open to suggestions as to other “must have mods”, I’m really green in this area I haven’t really played on modded servers so I don’t know much of what exists and what is possible. I’m a software engineer by trade too, so I’ll be looking at making my own mods eventually.