[GP] Gmans Playground | http://bellminator.com

[release]
http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae223/Bellmanator/banner-1.png?t=1277768145

Server Description: A community of average to highly skilled builders with a mature administration team. We currently only have a 15 slot sandbox server but hope to get more servers later on (Such as RP, Spacebuild, and other various gamemodes).

We normally have around 3-9 players on, and about 1-3 admins in that small group of players.

Connect now!

**Administration Mod:**Evolve

Default Map:http://www.garrysmod.org/img/?t=dll&id=58767

Addon list (Updated on 6/29/2010):
[ul]
[li]Advance Duplicator
[/li][li]Buoyancy tool
[/li][li]Fin tool
[/li][li]Partical Controller
[/li][li]No Collide Multi
[/li][li]No Collide World
[/li][li]PAC (Player Appearance Customizer)
[/li][li]PHX
[/li][li]Smart Constraint
[/li][li]SPP (Simple Prop Protection)
[/li][li]Advanced Stacker
[/li][li]Weight Tool
[/li][li]Wiremod
[/li][/ul]

Module list (Updated on 6/29/10):
[ul]
[li]gm_slog
[/li][li]gmsv_vphysics
[/li][li]gm_mysqloo (Not currently being used)
[/li][li]gmsv_gatekeeper
[/li][/ul]

Q & A

Are we looking for admins?
No. I typically do not “look” for admins. I’m usually on often enough to see who would qualify for our administration. So if you want admin, just be yourself, and play every once and a while!

Will we ever go to gm_construct or gm_flatgrass?
No, the closest I’m willing to get to either of those is gm_flatgrass2008. Those two maps are typical and will attract the wrong playerbase. But don’t get me wrong, its a nice map, and I love it just as much as anyone else, but I would like to stray from the typical map that spammers come to get their kicks.

Can you add ----- to the server?
I’m always open for suggestions, but I really don’t need 500 people asking me to upload this and that. But if it isn’t some weapon, entity, or vehicle, I’m always open for suggestions.

Why “Gmans Playground”?
Back a few years ago this community started out as a simple website and a goal to create machinimas and whatnot about GMan. The community was entitled “Gmantube” following the “Youtube” standard. But soon after the community started up I realized that it was going to get no where without some sort of advertisement. So I started up a GMod server. We’ve been growing ever more since then, and although I’ve strayed from my original goal, I went ahead and kept the name. Also if you want, think of it as the “Unusual Playground”. Hence the fact that gman is unpredictable and often confusing.

http://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/74.63.230.170:27015/b_160x400_T1_F-1-2.png

Also if you going to insult me or my server please take a look at the typical sandbox server advertisement and then come back and compare.
[/release]

Loving the Anti-Slob security, having being personally acquainted with him in the past I am justified in saying he is the biggest asshole I have ever met. Unfortunately I can’t join I am too busy with school work, and when I do go on GMod I have to monitor my own servers, hope you guys are successful any-ways, seems like a great server!

Loving the Anti-Slob security, having being personally acquainted with him in the past I am justified in saying he is the biggest asshole I have ever met. Unfortunately I can’t join I am too busy with school work, and when I do go on GMod I have to monitor my own servers, hope you guys are successful any-ways, seems like a great server!

What?

On a side note. This is a good server. Althought there are idiots from Time to time

Why did you just post exactly the same thing as me?

People. There is a tiny selection of servers that actually don’t suck. There are the ggg servers, The nodex servers, Sax’s servers, the gluttony servers and the bergen build servers.

This is a typical suck server because 1. Stupid anti hack shit (It’s a sandbox server wtf), Sweps (Why would you need this on a sandbox server, except for admins trying to be funny), No-collide world? What the hell garrysmod already comes with that. Door stool? Typical for LETS BUILD HUGE FORT servers, but still not as bad as the other stuff.

And why do you call wenli’s tools a feature? It consists of 3 tools and a “feature”. It even sais tools in the name.

Sorry for the rant by the way, but this is what got me going “highly skilled builders with a mature administration team”.

Your argument is invalid.

Try it for a day and say that again.

Last I checked wenlis tools was a feature called “Build Mode” that (as you might be able to tell) makes building a lot easier. It comes with auto-no-collide, auto-freeze, snap to grid, and the Gmod 9 physgun style (props don’t rotate as you do). Of course that is all optional, though.

And yes, there are a few idiots who are like “omg fort lol fight!”, but the majority are no-where near like that.

As for the weapons, I don’t ever really use them. They are just there so if we ever get (extremely) bored, we can have some kind of mini-event.

As a final note, the tools/features a server has does not, in any way, define the players, so don’t go around thinking “LOL TYPICAL SANDBOX SERVER WITH 500 NUBS!”.

Plus, you could have at least credited me for not making some idiotic thread with 5 lines of text, no grammar what so ever, and some 9 year old looking for attention.

[editline]11:47AM[/editline]

As further proof of non-skilled-ness (I made it up, keep complaining), take a look at TBoy205’s work (The guy who made the logo for our server), and keep in mind he made that shit on our server.

Sadly he has his own server now though… :frown:

I’ll deffenetly get on, sounds like a good server.
Although, it would be better (in my opinion) if it had madcows instead of css realistic.
But after all the weapons arent really important.

OP Updated.

Just got the server back up last Sunday.

Server will be down until we can find a fix for the GMod update though (Garrysmod works but updating the server doesn’t help at all)

Interesting server and interesting name, good luck!

Updated addon list and added a list of modules.

Server is obviously fixed. Might be having some sort of “4th of July” event tonight.

Just like every server :]