GPK - GMod Parkour

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=60585 – GPK

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=44260 – Bullettime (Slo-mo) addon

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=69881 – SMOD Kick addon (hold +use and right click)

The old thread is dead and locked so I’ll say up front I’m not involved with the team. I would like to contribute content for this mod and give it the polish it needs to be an immersive and exciting new gamemode, and I think there’s several others who feel the same way. We should keep in contact on steam and trade maps and such. Add me on steam - Dooleus or PM me here.
---------------------------------

I recommend using “Bullettime (Slo-mo)” mod for awsome slow-motion leaps off of walls over enemies and obstacles - you can aim your jumps way better and just generally do way cooler shit than moving at over 9000 mph like vanilla GPK :stuck_out_tongue:

protip: make a config file called bt.cfg or bullettime.cfg and paste this into it:

//
sv_cheats 1 //needed for bullettime to work
bind x bt_tog
alias “bt_tog bt_on”
alias “bt_on +bullettime; alias bt_tog bt_off”
alias “bt_off -bullettime; alias bt_tog bt_on”
//

then type exec bt or whatever you named it when you run gmod

this will make x a toggle bullet time key which is way better than having to hold the button down imho.

“GPK_edited on garrysmod.org has the hands with the running animation working”
I was mistaken about this - the Normal GPK has the running anims too and the roll works. Use GPK instead of the edited one.

• the punches dont do damage, but SMOD Kick can be used by pressing use + right click (Attack2). You can wallrun, walljump and ledge grab with mouse2 on all weapons (i’ve used fists, pistol, smg and shotgun, i assume the others work the same), making for some really sweet kills while you run up a while head shotting guys across the map and leap over them in slo-mo.

Unfortunately at this point you can’t open your menus or change your playermodel - we need the devs to get back to work! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll put up a couple of links to maps for GPK–

Download gpk_dooleus_obstacle_c_b1 for parkour playgrounds and combat! Overcome obstacles and wave after wave of combine while wallrunning and leaping from platform to platform. GPK_edited and Bullettime mod recommended.

http://img2.fpsbanana.com/ss/maps/thm_98155c.jpg

http://img2.fpsbanana.com/ss/maps/thm_98155a.jpg

=====================

Gm_City_Freerun is a great map by Dosycool, you should definitely check it out. It has a distinct mirror’s edge vibe to it.

http://image.fpsbanana.com/ss/maps/thm_95699d.jpg

=====================

Mirror’s Edge Source Trailer map by Tyen901

http://s3.garrysmod.org/img/cache/6/0/5/7/0/cc71fc7518cfd3ff24e155d6518c143a.jpg

Let’s keep interest in this mod alive! Mappers, modelers, scripters, unite and let’s make a badass freerunning/parkour gamemode with HL2-calibre multiplayer combat! Think of the potential that’s here. All it takes is a little bit of effort.

I like.
I think something like this has been made before, though.

I’m making a new thread for the gamemode GPK - I did not develop it, I’m just trying to revive interest in it. I thought that was clear in the OP?

God, don’t make a new thread. There is already a thread that is OPEN. Look.

Good job Dooleus. If I could code, I’d help you.
DON’T DROP THIS! FOCUS ON THIS LIKE IT’S YOUR BABBY!
I don’t want this project to get hijacked as well and then left to die.
I’ll definitely be checking up on this.

[editline]06:22PM[/editline]

Just tried this out, along with your map. I haven’t finished it completely cause I crashed, but I came here to give input first. I know you didn’t make it, but the running animations look retarded, and they don’t stop unless you press a directional key twice. Example, run forward, stop, hands still going up and down. Press W again, hands stop. But so far, your map is damn hard with the combine in the way. I think you might’ve put a little too many.

[editline]06:55PM[/editline]

Okay, so far, there are 4 major problems.
1:The fists do no damage. But you already know this
2:There is no rolling. I don’t even know why that was taken out, but you can’t hold ctrl to roll from falls anymore.
3:The running animation looking retarded and not stopping, even after you’ve stopped running. It also interrupts the punching animation.
4:I’m not sure if it’s for me only, but your map keeps crashing at the part right after you climb up the really tall ladder. It’s happened each time I’ve played so far. I think it’s something to do with the combine.

"God, don’t make a new thread. There is already a thread that is OPEN. Look. "

Sorry, I tried to post in it and it said it was locked. Hopefully this thread can help progress this mod further.

“I know you didn’t make it, but the running animations look retarded, and they don’t stop unless you press a directional key twice.”

It looks way better than idling fists to my eyes, and I’m using a weapon most of the time anyways so it’s not a big detriment.

“2:There is no rolling. I don’t even know why that was taken out, but you can’t hold ctrl to roll from falls anymore.”

Rolling is done with right click in gpk_edited if i’m not mistaken

if you prefer the original version you should play it on that.

“4:I’m not sure if it’s for me only, but your map keeps crashing at the part right after you climb up the really tall ladder. It’s happened each time I’ve played so far. I think it’s something to do with the combine.”

odd that you would crash there… i think it may be a prop_physics_overrides floating in the water… they don’t show up right in this gamemode for whatever reason so i had to change them all to prop_static… I’ll try to fix the crash and update the downloads.

Oh, and if you think it’s hard with combine, try playing it on SMOD Tactical! THAT is HARD! :smiley:

Try HL2 Substances Gold for hard combinez.

Oh, it’s not hard anymore. The first time I loaded it there were roughly 6 combine in the beginning, most of them soldiers with smgs. Do you have random spawn points for them? I’m not expert at hammer, but I didn’t know you could do such things.

what i do is set up “spawn1;2;etc” npc_template makers with their destinations set to “spawns1;2;etc” info_npc_spawnpoints placed around the map. the player triggers the spawns with a trigger_once before entering the area where the npcs spawn.

set spawn when visible to no, and use a spawn time of like .1 seconds so they spawn in packs and you dont have all 50 or however many total spawned at the same time lagging your cpu.

in a map i’m working on right now, there are rappeling metrocops with shotguns spawning from a helicopter that shoots at you and flies around the map. I have a bunch of really rough alpha stage maps, some of which are fun to play but look like shit for various reasons.

hopefully you’ll dig my upcoming maps when they reach a playable state :stuck_out_tongue:

do you still have problems with crashing on that one? i played through it and had no problems here. does it only crash in gpk?

I’ve seen lots of variations of this gamemode on servers that have working menus and things like tag, hunted and deathmatch mini gamemodes :smiley:

when i die i cant respawn wth

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that as a major problem. You can’t respawn. At all.
You die, ragdoll, wait, click to respawn, and your view is halfway in the ground and you can’t move. The combine were shooting into the original spawn room when my view, after respawning, was waaaaaay farther away.

That’s never happened to me.

Sounds like a personal problem. :stuck_out_tongue:

Did you stop working on this?

Im having a problem… I downloaded this (I extracted the Zip file to steam>steamapps>username>GarrysMod>GarrysMod>Gamemode) and I try playing it Singleplayer and I’ll try to roll, but then atleast 500 (I know this cuz I got bad coder achievemnt instantly) Lua errors on my screen. Help?

UPDATE : I tried making a local Multiplayer game an trying it… but the only difference was that it wouldn’t show the Lua Error.

It’s old, a GMod update probably broke it.

Hey i get this error

ERROR: GAMEMODE:‘UpdateAnimation’ Failed: base\gamemode\animations.lua:110: attempt to index local ‘velocity’ (a nil value)

Anyone know how to fix?

I’d love to do new animations for this.
If anyone is interested, send me a private message or respond to this post.