Ladies, Gentlemen and Runners, I present to you the final version of GPK_Freecity.
It’s a bit of a jump from the first beta version, but when VBSP started to whine about too many brush faces I decided to make this the last release.
So, what’s new?
- More buildings
- Less overbright and ‘bloomy’ (hopefully)
- That building that you never could quite reach the top of in the beta has been lowered (also to stay within brush limit)
- Park area with building in construction
- Major texture misalignments have been fixed
- Around twice as much space to run around
- A bit more detail on ground level (pavements, yay)
- Grid texture is now bumpmapped!
- More walls inside the huge building, dividing the empty space into separate rooms
- And much more which I can’t be bothered to list here.
Pictures on download page.
PS: That new place on the other side of the canal with the weird roof? I wanted it to be surf-able, but I failed. Anyway, it would be awkward if you stopped moving and got stuck at the bottom. Also some of the room areas across the park are really dark due to a 3D skybox “blocklight” mishap.