Graphics With the New Update

I noticed that on after I installed the new update, the graphics (on the lowest quality) had improved a lot. Sounds great right? Well it isn’t for me. Many people forget that not everybody has a gaming computer. My computer fit with the system requirements. I knew it wouldn’t run the game too well, but I put it on the lowest graphics quality and the frame rate was ok. My computer could at least handle running the game at just a high enough frame rate to be able to play. After the update… the lowest graphics got better. They have taken basically taken away the option to sacrifice eye candy for a playable game! So are they going to give us back an option that actually can actually allow my computer (one that they told me I would be able to play the game on) to play the game? Until I figure this out, I’ll be hanging out in the land of 10 FPS.

Use some console commands to get rid of grass and stuff.

I got rid of grass and its still terrible. What other console commands can help me? Is there one to remove shadows?

Are you using a Mac?

Yeah I am. Huge mistake getting one about a year and a half ago.

This is a list of all the commands that I use to reduce lag. I play on an old PC that only has 3 GB of RAM and it plays Rust with little lag-

grass.on False
grass.forceredraw False
grass.displacement False
grass.disp_trail_seconds 1
grass.shadowcast False
grass.shadowreceive False
gfx.ssaa False
gfx.bloom False
gfx.grain False
gfx.ssao False
gfx.tonemap False