Gravity

I’m new to the forum, and super Excited for S&Box, I just had one question, would it be possible to change around the direction of gravity? like you put the center of gravity in the middle of a sphere and you can walk around the sphere? I don’t think that would work very well since it’s not built like Kerbal Space Program or Super Mario Galaxy. but would that type of thing be possible? I know there was a Localized Physics addon in Garry’s Mod, but that was specific to a certain prop and only was up and down. Given how dynamic S&Box will be, would something like this be possible?

I always found localized physics interesting, I hope someone touches on this via an add on later on. So much potential from add ons in all forms.

1 Like

They had it already when the game was on UE4, I don’t think they showed anything like this in Source 2 yet.

1 Like

I remember reading a tweet from a Source2 developer that hr forgot to make the liquid shared get affected by gravity because it can change direction, so I guess it’s already implemented.
If someone can find the tweet that would be great.

1 Like

Ah yeah, that, in half-life alyx the final level has gravity being changed a lot, so there’s that.

1 Like

There is the trigger_physics mesh entity already in Source 2 that can change the direction of gravity (among other things) for physics objects within the trigger. As for clients, this isn’t the case right now (Valve had no need to because VR I suppose) so that would have to be implemented by either facepunch or a community developer.

2 Likes

Well in games like UE4 gravity is changed by with positive values for negative or lower gravity and lower values for higher gravtity. That was likely what was done in HL:VR not like localized gravity in a similar vein of interplanetary physics like this.

1 Like