JOIN THE SUPER DUPER USELESS STEAM GROUP HERE: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/greenshift
Hey there! Thanks for checking out the thread. The first iteration of the gamemode was based on Brink, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and a few ideas of my own.
The second iteration of it will be mostly based on games like Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3, ArmA 2 and, once again, a few ideas of my own.
- 2 teams:
- 4 classes: - Recon - Engineer - Assault - Medic - 30 weapons all of which are customizable in one way or another without the use of multiple viewmodels (!): - 4 aim-assisting attachments - M203 underslung grenade launcher - silencer/suppressor or whatever it's called - Vertical grips - Beta C-magazines - The weapons use my "Customizable Weaponry" as a base - Climbing system - Personal Attributes - perks which have both an advantage and a disadvantage - Levels and Unlockables - eliminate enemies, help out team mates, complete objectives, level up and spend the skill points on 20 skills! - Ammo types (magnum, hollow-point, armor-piercing and slug ammo types) - Game types: - Search and Eliminate - Communications sabotage - Supply Depot - Team deathmatch**
Right. Now you’re most probably thinking “what do the attachments do?” or “what do classes do?”.
* Role - infiltrate (main)/assassinate/hit and run/weaken.
* Has access to pistols and light SMGs.
* Fastest movement speed.
* Has full access to climbing system.
* Can become invisible (not completely) for 20 seconds. Moving around causes cloak to drain faster
* Special item - knife. Backstab = instant kill, frontal assault = 15 damage points. 1 second delay between knife attacks.
* Starts out with 1 med kit.
- Engineer: * Role - support (main)/infiltrate. * Has access to pistols, SMGs and shotguns. * Fast movement speed. * Has near-full access to climbing system. * Special item - armor vest. Can repair teammates' armor. * 85HP. * 85AP. * Starts out with 1 med kit. * Starts out with 4 armor vests - Assault: * Role - push (main)/support. * Has access to all weapons. * Medium movement speed. * Has limited access to climbing system. * Special item - ammo kit. Can resupply teammates' ammo. * 100HP. * 50AP. * Starts out with 1 med kit. * Starts out with 4 ammo kits - Medic: * Role - support (main)/push. * Has access to pistols, SMGs, ARs. * Medium movement speed. * Has limited access to climbing system. * Special item - med kits. Can give med kits to teammates or use them himself. 1 med kit restores in 7 seconds * 110HP. * 55AP. * Starts out with 5 med kits. - MED KITS HEAL 25 HEALTH PER MED KIT. - ARMOR KITS RESTORE ARMOR TO MAXIMUM ARMOR - AMMO KITS FULLY RESUPPLY BOTH A PLAYER'S PRIMARY AND SECONDARY WEAPONS' AMMO
* Wall run 3 times
* Grab onto stuff
* Pull self up
Near-full access: * Wall run 2 times * Grab onto stuff * Pull self up * Shimmy Limited access: * Wall run 1 time * Grab onto stuff * Pull self up**
I could go on and on, but the OP would be incredibly long because of that, so let’s leave it the way it is right now.
- Smith&Wesson Model 627
- Colt M1911
- Makarov Pistol
- Beretta M92FS
Light SMGs: - Skorpion vz. 61 - Steyr MP7 - TDI Vector SMGs: - PP-19 Bizon - P90 - KAC PDW ARs: - H&K M416 - M16A4 - G36C - Steyr AUG A3 - FN SCAR-L - SIG SG 552 - SIG SG 551 - SR-3M "Vikhr" - M4A1 - LR300 - AK-74U BRs: - M14 EBR - G3A3 - FN FAL LMGs: - M249 PARA - ARES Shrike 5.56 Shotguns: - M3 Super 90 - M4 Super 90 - Franchi SPAS-12
And now, the FAQ that may or may not answer your questions.
**Q: Will you release the gamemode or will it be a private gamemode?
A: Of course I’ll release it! If it were a private gamemode, I wouldn’t be making this thread!
Q: How close is the climbing system to Brink?
A: Well, it’s not exactly like in Brink, but it does let you climb into various places, and it is incredibly useful.
The controls are easy as well, all you have to do is to walk up to a wall and hold down your JUMP KEY and your forward key simultaneously.
There are a couple more of tricks, such as, sprinting next to a wall that’s to your left/right, jumping, holding down the directional key (A/D) accordingly and holding down your JUMP KEY.
Q: What do the attachments do and how do they work? (lolpun)
A: Each attachment improves something while worsening something else.
For example, if you get yourself an assault rifle or a battle rifle and put an ACOG scope on it, your accuracy will increase by a lot, but you won’t be able to see your crosshair and your hip-fire accuracy will decrease by 60%.
Each attachment is a trade-off, so, think before you equip the desired attachment: are you a CQC player or a sniper? Equip the attachment accordingly.
Q: What do the ammo types do?
A: Just like the attachments. Improves one thing, worsens some other thing.
For example, magnum ammo. Deals 120% damage, but increases recoil to 125%.
Q: How many weapons can I carry at once?
A: You can carry 2 weapons. Your primary weapon (Light SMG/SMG/AR/BR/LMG/Shotgun) and your secondary weapon (Pistols).
Q: Can I playtest the gamemode?
A: Sure! Go to the server browser and search for a server called “LEETNOOB’s Server”.
Alternatively, you can just copy-paste the IP, which is: 126.96.36.199:27015
The server is located in Lithuania, Europe.
If you can’t find the server, it means that it’s offline.
This is a not-so-serious video, but it does show some of the gameplay.
Here’s another video, it was a 3v3 match in the “Communications Sabotage” game type.
Another not-so-serious video.
9 Minutes of Green Shift gameplay.
Kogitsune - Lua help, suggestions, playtester
Don Carmine - gamemode title, suggestions, playtester
>:3 - playtester, suggestions
Newb (aka loled) - playtester, suggestions
CmdrSF - playtester
Wobin Ralker (aka Robse) - playtester
Beggor - playtester
[BCC] John Greene (aka Evil-Muffin) - playtester
James Bloodfield - playtester
RaVeN X - playtester, kept on yelling “this is OP”, example: 13:22 - RaVeN X: but this is op!!!
Osama bin Wintows (aka Vimto) - playtester, various Lua help here and there, accusing me of stealing his gamemode ideas