Ground War - Infantry and Vehicular Combat

[release]

[/release]
[release]
General Information:

What is it?
Ground War is a ‘Half-Life 2 Themed’ Team Deathmatch gamemode that will come with several ‘gamemodes’ within the gamemode, such as ‘Search & Destroy’, ‘Team Deathmatch’, ‘Capture The Flag’ and ‘Domination’, it takes the aspects of Modern Infantry Warfare games and puts them all together for example, Ground War by the end of development will contain ‘Call of Duty Mechanics (Kill Streaks)’ along with Vehicles that players may use.

Why are you creating this?
All the time I’ve had GMod I have rarely noticed a TDM gamemode that has stood out and has been enjoyable to play over and over again, as a majority of people would prefer to play CoD or Battlefield I thought it would be interesting to create that style of game within source, but using lua so as my first gamemode I plan to finish and release I came up with this.

What features does/will this gamemode have?
This gamemode will include the following features:
[ul]MySQL Database Storage[/ul] 40%
[ul]Ranking system[/ul] 0%
[ul]Drivable/Flyable Vehicles[/ul] 60%
[ul]Class and Weapon Selection[/ul] 80%
[ul]Classes (Assualt, Engineer & Medic)[/ul] 100%
[ul]Third Person gameplay[/ul] 100%
[ul]Deployable Turrets For Engineers[/ul] 0%
[ul]Kill Streaks (3, 6, 10) [/ul] 0%
[ul]Custom Damage System[/ul] 10%
[ul]Upgrades & Perks[/ul] 10%
[ul]Forum Intergration with SMF & PHPBB & VBulletin[/ul] 33.33333333333333333333333333333333…%
[ul]Much More…[/ul]

What Vehicles are you adding into this gamemode?
[ul]Hunter Chopper (Combine)[/ul] 100%
[ul]APC (Combine)[/ul] 30%
[ul]Buggy (Resistance)[/ul] 50%
[ul]Air boat (Resistance)[/ul] 50%
[ul]I am trying to make the Helicopter from EP2 (Resistance)[/ul] 0%
[/release]
[release]
Media

Images
Note: I haven’t even started working on a HUD yet, You may also notice I haven’t got any images of the derma, I apologize for this but the new steam screenshot system wouldn’t upload them.

Note 2: A lot of the work I’ve done is the core mechanics, not the aesthetics so you can’t really see a lot via images.

[img_thumb]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577796899241190605/8298FF1668A96F5C91D963A25C0FC7ABBAA1E275/[/img_thumb]
[img_thumb]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577796899241189438/2DA9D5EECA743768F664F041B2F5C8328F963842/[/img_thumb]
[img_thumb]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577796899242044727/E13C8139D26AD6D68540781567285C952EA36415/[/img_thumb]
[img_thumb]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577796899271434909/708A828F7C5AF33C03CF3D690639BCF175E777E2/[/img_thumb]
[/release]
[release]
External Links and Information:
Join the Server [Back online, it’s on an Auto restart system, so if it crashes it will restart quickly.]
Add me on steam [Just as an Add to talk to me or offer suggestions, I don’t mind.]

Please if you have any offer me some suggestions or opinions on some features being added to the gamemode.

Thank you for reading.
[/release]

I need to find a way to stop players firing RPG’s at each other, I find it a bit disappointing to see this in console, it’s meant for vehicles not players. :<

[lua]
hook.Add(“PlayerInitialSpawn”,“EntityVeh”, function(ply)
ply.EntityVehicle = true // Then checking it
end)

hook.add(“EntityTakeDamage”,“NoRPGOnEachOther”, function( ent, inflictor, attacker, amount, dmginfo )

if ent:IsPlayer() and attacker:IsPlayer() and attacker.EntityVehicle != true and attacker:GetWeapon(“weapon_rpg”) then
dmginfo:ScaleDamage( 0 )
end

end)
[/lua]

You can also have your own Vehicle enter by doing so ServerSide
[lua]
hook.Add(“PlayerInitialSpawn”,“EntityVeh”, function(ply)
ply.EntityVehicle = true
end)
[/lua]
Then in the Entity code you can have when someone enters the vehicle

[lua]

Function for entering

self.Owner.EntityVehicle = true

Function for leaving

self.Owner.EntityVehicle = false

[/lua]

[lua]
if ent:IsPlayer() and attacker:IsPlayer() and attacker.EntityVehicle != true and attacker:GetWeapon(“weapon_rpg”) then
[/lua]

Thank you RetTurtl3, I’ll add that in later.

If I’m honest I’m pretty terrible at lua, I’m only just getting a proper grasp on it, but thank you for the ratings whoever has rated me.

Applied a Few General Changes Such as Coloured chat messages, Automatic Heli Spawning and I’m also going to be using someone else’s HUD, because I’m absolutely terrible at making my own, Luckily the Creator of This HUD has given me permission to use it.

People are joining the server every so often It’s all going well, just need to start working on a Custom map before I continue with it really. :v:

Just had a good play and it was enjoyable!
Hope to see more updates soon!

Glad you Enjoyed it!. :>

I’m going to look into building the weapon selection menu alot like what there is in Crysis for its suit selection.
[img_thumb]http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/9735/crysis2007110803345818lb8.jpg[/img_thumb]

Update:

Players can no longer kill eachother with an rpg unless the player is inside a vehicle.

Thank you so much to Thermadyle for that one.

[Lua]
hook.Add( “PlayerShouldTakeDamage”, “Disable_RPG”, function( victim, killer )

if not ValidEntity( killer ) then return end
    local wep = killer:GetActiveWeapon()
    if ValidEntity( wep ) then
if wep:GetClass() == "weapon_rpg" and not victim:GetNWBool( "InVehicle" ) and victim != killer then
    return false
    end
end
return true

end )
[/lua]

Certain Hooks, Functions and chat messages have been added also.

Exactly the same as my code but different layout, Geez grow up Thermopile and stop Copying me.