Grumpy's Jetpack - my first release

**NOTE WHEN YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED THIS, YOU MUST RENAME THE DUPE FILE: “Grumpy jetpackv1.1” to “Grumpyjetpack” OTHERWISE IT WILL NOT WORK

SORRY THAT WAS A NOVICE MISTAKE**

Ok, I was just screwing around on gmod and ended up making a simple jetpack model. Then I wrote some simple code for it which eventually got quite complicated.

The end product is my Fun n’ Fast ‘jetpack’

is say ‘jetpack’ because it is more of a jet which sits on your back (this is similar to karbine’s podjet).

Great sounds and thrust effects

100% applyforce - thrusters just for show

Has a vertical take-off and can be hovered by holding mouse2 like a more traditional jetpack.
Putting a 0 alpha on the wings gives a more traditional look jetpack

I am really really happy with the end product, it is really easy to control with great maneuverability even when boosting at gmod max velocity.

Controlled by mouse and W for thrust, shift for boost and space to toogle a great 3rd person camera.

When you first enter the jetpack, It will launch straight in the air - just leave it untill you hear a pop; Then you can use W and mouse to gain control.

Vid will come soon, more info on the garrysmod.org link
Not very good pics - mainly function over form but still looks good imo simple and sweet

Bonus Pics

Trampoline

Current Big project - Don’t expect it done anytime soon.

Hey Guys whats goin on in here?

works perfectly on spacebuild (for those who like that sort of thing) in zero and full gravity - Awesome speedy transport or mini fighter

this is V1.1 - to add - A boost power bar for limited boosting
- Fix when you land it occasionally flies up in the air
- Some extra sound effects and basic tweaks
- Optimising and Cleaning up my code, made a mess of it but cbf fixing now. (normally i’m a very tidy coder but I did most of the code at ~4am )

Please download and enjoy, I’m releasing this only because I wish to share this little thing with you guys.

C&C Please

http://www.garrysmod.org/img/?t=dll&id=90244

Plese Do Not Remove My Name From This Contraption, I Normally Do Not Release So If You Want More From Me, Give Credit Where Credit Is Due And Keep It “Grumpy’s” Jetpack.

Do Not Redistribute

**NOTE WHEN YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED THIS, YOU MUST RENAME THE DUPE FILE: “Grumpy jetpackv1.1” to “Grumpyjetpack” OTHERWISE IT WILL NOT WORK

SORRY THAT WAS A NOVICE MISTAKE**

NICE JOB! Love it. Does the trampoline really work?

yes, just little bounces, could be more but servers without god would kill you

Simple construction, yet sexy.
(FINISH THE X-WING)

Is Breen butt humping the gnome? just asking.

It’s sexy!

omg, that is super epic! win for you Grumpy :smiley:

Ooh Xwing o.o

awesome

Win

I just now realized the props ya used… if ya shoot em, does the jetblack blow up?

they are mainly inside the jetpacks phx base prop but I think an rpg on some angles (small ones) can get em

Very nice jetpack, I’m deeply in love.

Though, I’m having toruble making a replica of this. I set it up (I guess somewhat how you’ve done it), but I can’t make it turn. It’s as if I can bounce it around if I throw the mouse big enough, else it’s all fixed on going to the roof.
So question is, do you know how I am to go around about this? I wish to use the same system for a larger spacecraft, but same thing there, it just won’t turn away form that single fixed point.

lol…

Upgrade to Pro today!
Bandwidth exceeded.
photobucket

…on all the pictures

I know, its annoying as hell. I made a new account that I’ll use for now on though

Disregard my last post, I solved the problem.

Stupid me had forgot to accumulate the XY values in the eyepod, so it went straight back to 0 everytime the game ticked.

-snip-

How the fuck?

Ugh, my bad for bumping…

I’ve updated my wire mod with the tortoise links (both the official mods and the unofficial.) but i still get errors. It says something about gmod_camera_controller. So now i’m begging for help, could someone point me in the right direction? Would be forever grateful.