gRust | Rust in Garry's Mod

Hello,

Over a month ago I decided to take on a project where I would recreate Rust in gmod. I have been working on it daily ever since and I finally released a teaser video a week ago on new years day. So far people seem to love it which is amazing.

Here are some images of what I have done so far

This is the pie/radial menu, it was the first thing I worked on and I’m extremely happy how it turned out.

Here is the HUD and notifications, I’m still working on both, but I have the basic thing nailed down.

This is the deploy system, I made it extremely easy to make items deployable which is great because it speeds up development time by a lot. When deploying items it will rotate with displaced ground as you can see in the video, you can also pick up deployed items.

This is the eoka pistol, I managed to find a model for the eoka on the workshop which saves me a lot of time, because exporting from unity to source is extremely time consuming

And finally, the building system, it has a few minor flaws but it is just as capable as the rust building system, I am able to create the same bases with the same features just as I intended. I want players to be able to follow a rust building tutorial and apply that into gRust.

Here is the teaser video I uploaded a week ago: gRust - YouTube

If you want to follow development, please join the discord! https://discord.gg/hrzUzMk5pw

19 Likes

Looks really well made

I’ve always wanted some sort of Rust like a survival game in Gmod and this is it. Keep up the good work, this looks amazing.

I guess a good survival gamemode is better late than never

Please add back the zombies

I see that someone has played that OG Rust as well :slight_smile:

I miss the wooden shelter

This is brilliant!

Great work!

1 Like

Wow! Thank you so much man, means a lot coming from you :smile:

Marvelous job! Thanks for sharing!

Looks really cool! I want to play already!

I wonder if this gamemode will be public or private. I think a lot of people will open servers just to get a Rust on Gmod. :smile: