gscript

**gscript

After I heard about the shutdown of CoderHire, I took it upon my self to develop an alternative so that we don’t have to resort to using a thread.

gscript currently has the following features:

• Creating/Viewing/Completing jobs
  • Basic notifications system
  • Profile & Reputation system
  • Feedback system

I will be adding the ability to sell scripts to the website very soon, hopefully in the next few days. Also, I’m hoping to completely reskin the site at some point too.

There will probably be bugs for the first few weeks, but hopefully nothing too serious. If you find a bug I would greatly appreciate it if you could email details to [EMAIL=“bugs@gscript.net”]bugs@gscript.net.

I’m aware of the following bugs:

• Terms and conditions missing

Please don’t allow people to sell scripts. A site to have organized jobs sounds fine, though.

I’m kinda in agreement with you, I didn’t like how people selling scripts completely destroyed the amount that people can get paid for jobs.

However, I think the damage has probably already been done and a place to sell scripts kinda seems in demand.

No.
Don’t ruin it for the money.
Just stop it… the damage CAN be reversed, if you, y’know, CARED.

Well isnt Matt opening a site for scripts to be sold?
I dont think it can be reversed once he opens his…

In all fairness, what is this ‘damage’ that’s caused by people selling scripts?

Generic servers that are all the same from the same Coderhire addons, leak issues, unneeded drama, etc.

I’m curious as to how you’ll keep on developing this, consider me intrigued, good luck!

I think this is great

But please, do not add the ability to sell scripts…

the theme feels very floaty, there is a lot of space that’s not doing anything and I don’t think white is a good colour to fill that space

Sir,

Why have you copied our name? (GScripts.co.uk)

Shut up that’s like one of the first things that comes to mind

I’m sorry, who are you?

GScripts.co.uk Owner / Developer.

So…I got this email because I “own” the site.

Dear Sir/Madam,

My company is the respective copyright owner of certain domain name specified on your site: http://gscript.net/

The content in question is as follows:

• Affiliation of the name
    • Same subject to domain name.

All of the above, and all content from your website is required to be removed within 48 hours of receiving the email, a copy of infringing content has been included above to assist you.

This email is an official notification under the provisions of Section 512© of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) to effect removal of the above-reported infringements. I/We request that you immediately delete the content from your servers and remind you that this is a legal requirement. Please be advised that the law requires you to “expeditiously remove and/or disable access to” the infringing content upon receiving this notice. Noncompliance will result in loss of immunity for liability under “DMCA”, and we will be contacting a court of law in the United Kingdom for gross plagiarism of our content, you will be prosecuted.

Please send me at the address noted below a prompt response indicating the actions you have taken to resolve this matter.

DISCLAIMER: You have 48 hours to respond to this notice, at this point our lawyers/solicitors will be passed your website and initiate a legal claim which will result in forceful termination of your servers as displayed by law. You will be called to a court of law in the United Kingdom for plagiarism. This is your first, and only warning regarding this matter. A similar notice has also been sent to your web host, unless you take action they will take the required action for you.

I think you’re an asshole. But that’s just me. :slight_smile:

It’s 07/09/2014. Where’s your website as it states on the front page? This guy has his website up and running, and he’s a pretty trustable guy too. We don’t know who you are, so why would we trust you with this sensitive data?

http://puu.sh/boyGq/122fc45783.png

(i forgot how to make my images smaller)

The hilarious thing is they have no legal obligation because a name / title is not protected under copyright, it’s a trademark which clearly has not been established yet.

Seriously can you people go a day without some form of dramatic sequence?

Here’s my conversation with him on steam if anyone is interested in being nosey.

Nosy is my middle name :v:

Of course, it’s StandorFall. What a** -snip- ** (dont want to get banned, so get imaginative)

We moved the dev date backwards as we are fully custom coded.