gStream, Stream music to your clients! (WIP)

Yeah F4 is. If it doesn’t work, you just need to bind a key to “gTest” (It was a test concommand, but it’ll work)

Mine is pretty much a copy of yours and working/better. :stuck_out_tongue:

You really should do this like how I have and stream the songs from a site instead of the module. Maybe later I will make a menu to go along with it, I wanted to but I don’t want to code it at the moment.

http://www.wegame.com/watch/Jukebox_created_for_the_game_Garrys_Mod_Demo_2/
Fullscreen is the only good way to watch it by the way.
The supa cool transition also comes after about 40 seconds into the video.

I’m trying to learn lua better. So instead of “Hey I can do better”, could you kindly get the hell out? :slight_smile:

Edit: The rest of your post was constructive. But I hate when people feel the need to say “I’m better than you”

Edit Edit: If you look at my code, I’m not using a module. It’s streaming from my website. :slight_smile:

WTF? How would you know that?

[/unrelated]

I like the sound of it, nice job Skapocalypse. I would probably use it if I ever need the feature for some sort of radio.

I take it editing it for private use is fine as long as we ensure you stay credited?

I mean… I don’t mind, but I’d like it if you guys could suggest things to me so I could learn, as well as better this :slight_smile:

Well, if I used it later, I’d probably add a few bespoke bits and pieces which were relevant towards the game itself not a general feature/suggestion. If you are uncomfortable with that though I respect that and wouldn’t do anything to it. I was more asking for future reference as I don’t need it right this second. Better to ask before I forgot. x3

Nice to see someone so open to criticism and suggestions though that makes a good coder.

Hackaz on your computer son oh no!!

To Gbps:
Mine is pretty much a copy of yours and working/better. :stuck_out_tongue:

To thread owner:
You really should do this like how I have and stream the songs from a site instead of the module. Maybe later I will make a menu to go along with it, I wanted to but I don’t want to code it at the moment.

My bad if you thought I was talking to you in the first sentence.

Oh all good :stuck_out_tongue: Still not polite to say you’re better than someone xP

I only say it as he usually has a picture of what he is going to do and not what he has actually done. I’m not ignorant, just playin with him a bit.

I’ll let your thread get back on track my bad.

No way is yours going to be better than mine :3
[/end sidestory]

[begin thread]

find me, my question to you is: are you able to get the information of an mp3 automatically without using gm_bass? If so, how?

Well, on my server my radio would load the songs from a php page that would return the information I needed. Maybe that’s what he’s doing?

Anyway since everyone is showing off their radios here’s mine. :v:

[hd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-wC4WbtZh4[/hd]
The menu is fucked up because I changed resolutions mid-game. Here’s what it looks like when it’s not fucked up

This thread makes me wan’t to remake mine… It’s old and the hud gui for it is ugly.

Sweet hovercraft :stuck_out_tongue: And I am using PHP scripts to get the data. But I’m not using PHP to get the song name or artist. Since it’s common that the tags are blank. So I take the mp3 name, Which I have in “Artist - Song.mp3” format, and then use a php script to get the song length.

My Youtube player uses secret holes used by the chrome player to retrieve song info and/or song length :3

Hacker. Reported to FBI. Anywho, Expect a smallish update late tonight or tomorrow. Adding progress bar :slight_smile:

I was thinking about doing that with mine. And yes, mine plays off youtube currently. :S

Update time :slight_smile:
Changes
[ul]
[li]Added progress bar[/li][li]Fixed a few small bugs[/ul][/li]Download:
http://www.garrysmod.org/img/?t=dll&id=80424
I know it’s not much, but it looks cool now :wink: Updated pics in the Original post :slight_smile:

nice, nice… looking forward to the update where u can host ur own songs :smiley:

I’m trying to decide how to do that. Because I have a weird method of getting the song list. You’d have to rename all the songs you upload into artist - Name.mp3 format, and upload some php scripts to your webserver. I have a feeling that a lot of people using this won’t know how to do that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: