GUI Srcds works, But Console and my server wont show up.

Whats the advantages of console anyway? I wanted to try it cause my server lags with a large adv dupe or, 150 props out, it lags when you swish them into each other, like 150 barrells, grab one and swish it into the others and u see them skip across the screen at 9 FPS.

I tried it on an extremely high powered computer i7 3.2 Ghz 920, 6GB DDR3 1600Mhz 7-7-7-20 RAM, EVGA-E758-A1 Motherboard, and got the same result. SRCDS seems unstable. I tried with NO Addons aswell.

My internet upload speed is 5 Mb/s and my download is 20 Mb/s. What could be the problem?

The server doesn’t show up in the masterlist, You can’t join it manually, port 27015 TCP/UDP is forwarded. Doesn’t work in console mode, only in GUI.

Yeah, SRCDS is unstable.

Probably because you’re mostly doing it wrong, SRCDS is pretty stable. The reason your IP won’t show in the master server list is because you’re not on a static IP, you’ll need to contact your ISP for that.

And yes, have you ever tried calculating the position of 150 barrels all flying across the area predicting exactly where each one will go? Because you’re hosting AND trying to play it, your server is having to do double the work.

In the end, use a dedicated server box, or don’t push the limits too hard.

Well, other servers don’t lag like that. Also, I’m using a different computer than I’m playing on, I’m not that stupid. I don’t think it would matter if my IP was static… Doesn’t that just prevent it form changing? Does it do anything else? I mean my IP changes quite rarely so I figure leaving it dynamic wouldn’t hurt?

Calculating 150 barrels flying around is really simple with todays powerful computers, the only limit would be srcds not taking it so well.

Yep, because source is really using the latest version of havoc with todays greatest networking code.

Yes, it won’t show in the master list unless you have a static IP, or at least severly reduces the odds that it will. Also, having an I7 for Gmod is useless due to the fact Gmod only runs on a single core, it cannot be made multithreaded. Are you using that PC to host, or that PC to play on.

to play on the pc used to host is an amd athlon x2 2.0 ghz, 1gb ram,

My ip is dynamic and it shows up 100% of the time.

Woops. Ignore the last.

No that was the good AMD days, and I don’t believe you.